MacRumors in denial?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by This_guy, Sep 29, 2011.

1. This_guy macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/8L1)

Hi all! This is my first post!

Been a reader of MacRumors for years and have always trusted their insights and predictions when it comes to everything Apple. However recently I've been having doubts... Pretty much it comes down to all the rumors and buzz flying around about the iPhone 5 and wheather or not it will be unveiled next week. From what I have come to find is that all the other tech sites (BGR, 9to5mac, Engadget, This is my next) all point to: Yes, there will be a iPhone 5 introduced next to a iPhone 4s this Tuesday. Everyone seems to be jumping on board with this and frankly there is just way to much evidence to deny it! This brings me to MacRumors.com who seems to be the only tech source that is still denying the iPhone 5 release or existence... Why is this? Cases showing in AT&t's system, iPhone 5 model number showing in inventory, CEO's of large telecommunication companies are practically introducing the phone themselves! Why won't MacRumors except this? What do they know that nobody else does!?!?

2. aohus macrumors 68000

3. Muro macrumors 6502

He was right about his first post though.

4. This_guy thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry but could you please be specific on what "just isn't true"?

5. na1577 macrumors 6502a

There is no actual evidence of a redesigned iPhone coming out. The cases, although they have been right in the past, are not reliable sources of information. The iPhone in AT&T's database is the N94, which is believed to have the same design as the current iPhone 4 based on leaked pictures.

6. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

7. labman macrumors 604

labman

you stat you been a follower reader for years yet you just decided to make a account for for this worthy thread. personly I have read so many rumors it's not funny but Tuesday Oct 4th we will know the facts.

8. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

You have to understand that information is easily manipulated, plans are changed, etc. No one knows exactly what Apple is going to do, so all the information we get is helpful. Unfortunately, some information is fake or made up, we can't be sure.

9. This_guy thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes I have been a reader for years and only made this account for making this post, what is so wrong about that? I had a question and you guys seem to be the right people to ask...

I also thank all of you for responding to my thread! I am not discreditting you or MacRumors in anyway! I hear everything you all are saying and I do agree that I have been reading to much into these reports! I guess we will just need to wait and see come Tuesday! If it comes out or not it should be a fun day for new Apple devices to play with!

10. beamer8912 macrumors 65816

I think you may be confusing the name of the next iPhone with what macrumors is considering a 4S.

No one knows what the NAME of the next iPhone will be, could be "4S", could be "iPhone 5", could just be "iPhone".

The reason why macrumors is saying the next iPhone will be an iPhone 4S is that leaks are pointing towards the next iPhone NOT having a redesign. Most people believe one of two (or possibly both) iPhone could be revealed. The first, they call a 4S. Which looks just like the iPhone 4, but has upgraded internals. The other is an iPhone 5, which has a redesigned exterior and a larger screen as well as upgraded internals.

So you see, its not that the site believes the next iPhone will be called the 4S instead of the 5. Rather, they believe the upgrade will be along the lines of a 4S (reminiscent of the 3G -> 3GS refresh).

So to summarize. iPhone 4S refers to the expected upgrades, NOT the NAME.

11. This_guy thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi Beamer8912,

Yes I understand that MacRumors believes there will only be a iPhone 4s. My question was not whatever think but why... Most sites believe there will be a 5 and 4s where MacRumors only believes in the 4s. Like many people have pointed out ad made me realize is that everyone has speculations based on many different rumors and guess (some might be true some might not) but the one thing they have in common is that none are right until Tuesday!

Thank you for you post anyway!!

12. Muro macrumors 6502

You must be active in politics, right?

13. Muad'Dib macrumors 6502

When you say "MacRumors", are you referring to a majority of the posters in the forums or are you specifically pointing to Arn?

----------

Where exactly has MacRumors.com denied the existence of an iPhone 5?

14. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

Ill send some large threatening figures to Arn's house for you to see to it he posts the iPhone 5 rumors. I know he is holding out on us!