MacRumors: iPhone, Forums, Mobile, Spy

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

With the release of the iPhone and growing activity in our forums, I thought I'd remind users of these helpful areas of the site that may make browsing MacRumors more enjoyable:

iPhone

MacRumors/iPhone - we separated additional tips and stories of interest to iPhone owners onto a separate page. "Significant" iPhone related stories will still be cross-posted to the main site.

Mobile

mobile.macrumors.com - more compact form of MacRumors and Page 2 for mobile phone users.
mobile.macrumors.com/iphone - more compact form of our iPhone blog for mobile phone users.
mobile forums - mobile friendly forums

Forums

forums.macrumors.com - one of the most active Apple related forums. Register to participate.
spy.macrumors.com - Real time view of new posts on the forums.

Article Link

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
Don't forget the "iPhone Friendly" skin you can view the forums with. Can be found on the bottom left of the page.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Excellent, I love the spy feature!
I agree... the spy feature really makes browsing the forums very interactive/enjoyable. It's hard for me to browse without it.

arn

nichos

macrumors 6502
Jul 17, 2004
Jacksonville, Fl
I'd like to see a "spy" tab up top. I see it under forums, but then I'd have to go there first. Or maybe a link at the top of the right column, above recent forum comments?

mac 2005

macrumors 6502a
Apr 1, 2005
Chicago
What's up with the negative ratings for this post? Every time I swear I'm going to ignore the rating system, a post like this one catches my attention.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
What's up with the negative ratings for this post? Every time I swear I'm going to ignore the rating system, a post like this one catches my attention.

I hear you. I swear I'm going to ignore posts where someone asks, Who rated this as negative? but then a post like this catches my attention.

I just don't get the ratings system. Do people need to see how others fell before they make up their mind?