Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CarbonCrew

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
Recently installed Malwarebytes v 1.44 and I getting blocked from MacRumors due to 'malicious IPs', specifically: 74.86.132.180 and 74.86.132.183.

Thanks for the help

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
These IP addresses are xeeno.com, which belongs to MacRumors.

If Malwarebytes is blocking legitimate sites I suggest contacting them to find out how to fix the problem.

CarbonCrew

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
These IP addresses are xeeno.com, which belongs to MacRumors.

If Malwarebytes is blocking legitimate sites I suggest contacting them to find out how to fix the problem.

Here is the response from Malwarebytes:

This IP is on a Softlayer range, and sadly, Softlayer are well known for criminal activity.

I'm going to add an exception in the mean time.

vini-vidi-vici

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2010
This is happening to me too. I can't access macrumors from my pc with malwarebytes installed... Or, at least it goes verrrry slooooow - to the point of being effectively unusable. It took quite a bit of sleuthing to find this thread, and figure this out. I've been battling a nasty rootkit infection on my pc, and malwarebytes has been very useful for that. I guess macrumors is going to be "iPad only" for me...

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
This is happening to me too. I can't access macrumors from my pc with malwarebytes installed... Or, at least it goes verrrry slooooow - to the point of being effectively unusable. It took quite a bit of sleuthing to find this thread, and figure this out. I've been battling a nasty rootkit infection on my pc, and malwarebytes has been very useful for that. I guess macrumors is going to be "iPad only" for me...

at this point switching from malwarebytes seems to be your best option on your PC, or adding an exception manually.

arn

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.