MacRumors is sick

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by longball11, Feb 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. longball11 macrumors 6502a

longball11

I bought my first Mac in 2007 and I have loved it ever since. I also said that I probably wont use windows ever again after I get rid of this computer I am using (unless im forced to at school or work). This is before I found out about Macrumors. Now I read Macrumors on a daily basis. But I find it horrible. The reason is because all you hear is complaints, failures, demands and small things. It makes me want to switch back to using a Dell. Dell has a nice 15'' XPS that starts out as a cheap build. But at the same time, I might see and hear this everywhere. Oh well, I look at Macrumors more though, and they do a convincing job at making me want to switch back.

Just had to get it off my chest. Rant or Rave at me all you want.

2. Iscariot macrumors 68030

Iscariot

3. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

You would find the same complaints on any computer/technology forum; it's the nature of the beast. People experiencing problems are naturally more vocal than those who are perfectly content.

Other's complaints shouldn't influence your opinion. If you are happy with your Mac that's all that matters.

4. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Here's the thing- a lot of people come here when they have a problem. So of course you'll hear mostly complaints. The fact is that the vast majority of Mac users have no problems at all, or very few.

5. és: macrumors 6502a

és:

If you find it horrible then why read it on a daily basis?

That is why people use certain forums. You're not going to find many 'my Mac is running fine and dandy' posts in the 'Mac Help' section.

Other people having problems makes you want to switch back to Dell. Did you read what you had written before posting?

Then switch back. If all it takes is some people on the most popular Mac messageboard to have a problem, mostly user generated no doubt, then switch back to Dell. They have a great record in being problem free...

Oh, wait.

6. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

Couldn't you use a Mac, and just not come here(or to the threads which bother you)

7. Eric5h5 macrumors 68020

According to this (bottom of page 4), Apple buyers have the highest satisfaction rating by a pretty big margin, with 81% saying they are "very satisfied", with Dell having only 55% who say that. You sure you want to go back to that kind of crappiness?

--Eric

8. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

I'm much happier since I went through and added the 10 000 most active posters to my ignore list. Now the forums is pretty much just my own posts which I enjoy reading greatly. They're always good for a laugh :).

9. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

That would be worse than reading MR...

Imagine what you would think of the human race if you were a doctor:

Probably time to go back to being a tree climbing primate, or even retreat to swimming in the ocean.

10. jonbravo77 macrumors 6502a

jonbravo77

Just as long as you don't find yourself posting against yourself, then trolling yourself just to get banned because you reported yourself... That would suck.. :eek:

11. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

It's partly in the nature of the beast, but a bit worse I think here in MacLand because too many people believe that Apple is supposed to deliver them straight to computing nirvana, and any deviations are considered to be a betrayal of the promise. Many threads started here could be boiled down to, "what, Apple isn't perfect?" That's one class of critique you won't find on any Windows forum. Most Windows users assume that Microsoft is flawed and are overjoyed when they get anything right.

12. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

Paging Dr. arn

13. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

Not being aware of scientists 'proving' it cannot fly work, the bumblebee PC succeeds under "the power of its own ignorance".

:p

14. Winni macrumors 68030

Winni

There's nothing wrong with Dell. Good service and prices and in my experience the products are also very dependable. However, I'm not so sure if -other- people's problems are a valid reason to switch back - provided that their problems don't affect you.

About the PC/Bumblebee thing: I could say the same crap about Macs. People like you are simply blinded by Apple's design and marketing and somehow you usually feel superior because you chose to become a member of a self-proclaimed elitist club and spent a lot of money on that membership. So if the original poster had said that this would be his reason to switch back to Dell, I would have said that he's right. This whole <company or product here>-worshipping is fundamentally annoying, to say the least.

15. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

16. marold280 macrumors 6502

marold280

Ppl come on here because they are the one in a million that have a problem with a mac XD

17. ziggyonice macrumors 68020

ziggyonice

Well this may be adding fuel to your fire, but uh... what? Let me get this straight: you love using your Mac, but then you find out about the MacRumors forums -- which is a tech site (where complaints are common) -- and because of peoples' complaining, you're wanting to switch back to a Dell.

That's like saying you don't like watching your Star Wars anymore because too many people complain about how Han shot first.

18. ziggyonice macrumors 68020

ziggyonice

Which he did. :rolleyes:

19. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

I'm a big fan of Apple products, and reliability is one of the reasons. I help people with both Macs and PCs, and everyone has occasional problems, but I run into more serious issues with PCs.

I admit that I post here when I have a problem, and never post just to say "my Apple stuff is working just fine!"

20. ziggyonice macrumors 68020

ziggyonice

This is an excellent point. Most people post items on forums to solve a problem -- few people post to say that their computer is doing great.

21. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I agree with others: if you don't like what you read here.... STOP READING!

Your complaint is akin to someone who hangs out in a hospital every day and then complains, "the whole world is sick!" The millions and millions of happy Mac users aren't going to post in this forum, "My Mac is fine and I have no problems!" :rolleyes:

22. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Note on the worshiping: that isn't done here, that is reserved for the pagan god section of the forum. ;)

23. macfan881 macrumors 68020

you should have been here back when apple put out the 8021n enabler for the Imac wich was a 2$ upgrade :p

24. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

Go visit a Dell forum somewhere, and you'll find that there are complaints about their hardware just like there are here.

Mac users' complaints are more noticeable because the community and fanbase (I said fanbase, not userbase) is much, much larger.

And do you seriously want to say that you've been satisfied with your Mac for the past two years, yet want to switch because there's a lot of complainers here? You know, there's a lot of complainers here back in 2007, too. Why don't you go back and look at the posts at 2007? You'll see just as many complainers, and yet you're happy with your machine from 2007. Why is now different, other than the fact that you're aware of MacRumors now, and not back then?

I think you should fix your logic, there's a few bugs here and there.

25. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

1st anniversary, first time user.

My iMac is fine and I have no problems!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.