Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

arn

macrumors god
Original poster
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Hello,

I'm am going to start looking for a professional web designer or team who would be interested in potentially participating in a MacRumors site and forum redesign. Also interested in ongoing relationship for additional projects outside of MacRumors.

Ideal candidate would be a MacRumors reader(s) who is familiar with the workings of the site and forums and would be able to retain the basic feel of the site while modernizing the design. The site uses a custom Content Management System for front page, and vBulletin for the forums, so vB experience would be a plus.

I would far prefer professional designers, not hobbyists. Please contact me at arn@macrumors.com and forward any samples of previous work.

Not sure of the timeframe for this, and am just putting out feelers for now. I expect the design could take months from this point before it was decided upon and deployed, due to other constraints. Will post this more publicly over time.

End users can post their any requests in this thread, and examples of news site designs that they like.

arn

CalBoy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2007
I'm NOT putting my name in the hat, but why not make this a front page news story Arn? I'm not sure many readers/posters venture over to this part of the site. You might get better attention for it there. :)

janitorC7

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2006
California
I dont really Think that I would have the time.....

I mean, maybe to time for a design, but no time to code it...

sorry arn, i guess to may clients at the moment, but I;m more than happy to be here for interface advise

mac-convert

macrumors 6502a
Nov 2, 2006
Are we there yet?
Arn,

I know you said this is a long term (kinda) project, and that you would post again later about this, but could I suggest that you "sticky" this for a while?

Cheers

ezekielrage_99

macrumors 68040
Oct 12, 2005
I design, but mostly it has been web wireframes, layouts, etc... I'm not sure if that's what your after or not?

I've also designed a few company logos but at the moment I'm designing broadcast weather graphics, so I'm not sure if my skills would suit your needs.

CANEHDN

macrumors 6502a
Dec 12, 2005
Eagle Mountain, UT
If you're interested in developers I would be interested, since MacRumors is php based. I'm not much into the design. I do all the design work for my works website but there are a ton more people better than me.

supremedesigner

macrumors 6502a
Dec 9, 2005
Any news yet?

It has been six months and any news yet on this one? I am curious if you guys have alpha version of it so we all can see it? Thanks!

arn

macrumors god
Original poster
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
this was put on hold for a while, but will be readdressed probably soon. my schedule opens up a fair bit after july 1

arn

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.