MacRumors: Looking for Professional Web Designer

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by arn, Dec 9, 2007.

1. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

Hello,

I'm am going to start looking for a professional web designer or team who would be interested in potentially participating in a MacRumors site and forum redesign. Also interested in ongoing relationship for additional projects outside of MacRumors.

Ideal candidate would be a MacRumors reader(s) who is familiar with the workings of the site and forums and would be able to retain the basic feel of the site while modernizing the design. The site uses a custom Content Management System for front page, and vBulletin for the forums, so vB experience would be a plus.

I would far prefer professional designers, not hobbyists. Please contact me at arn@macrumors.com and forward any samples of previous work.

Not sure of the timeframe for this, and am just putting out feelers for now. I expect the design could take months from this point before it was decided upon and deployed, due to other constraints. Will post this more publicly over time.

End users can post their any requests in this thread, and examples of news site designs that they like.

arn

2. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

I'm NOT putting my name in the hat, but why not make this a front page news story Arn? I'm not sure many readers/posters venture over to this part of the site. You might get better attention for it there. :)

3. Stampyhead macrumors 68020

Stampyhead

Darn, if I didn't have so many projects going on right now I would totally participate in this.

4. tominated macrumors 68000

tominated

I would put my hand up, but I have no experience with vbulletin and I haven't got very much experience with clients.

5. janitorC7 macrumors 6502a

janitorC7

I dont really Think that I would have the time.....

I mean, maybe to time for a design, but no time to code it...

sorry arn, i guess to may clients at the moment, but I;m more than happy to be here for interface advise

6. mac-convert macrumors 6502a

mac-convert

Arn,

I know you said this is a long term (kinda) project, and that you would post again later about this, but could I suggest that you "sticky" this for a while?

Cheers

7. ezekielrage_99 macrumors 68040

ezekielrage_99

I design, but mostly it has been web wireframes, layouts, etc... I'm not sure if that's what your after or not?

I've also designed a few company logos but at the moment I'm designing broadcast weather graphics, so I'm not sure if my skills would suit your needs.

8. CANEHDN macrumors 6502a

CANEHDN

If you're interested in developers I would be interested, since MacRumors is php based. I'm not much into the design. I do all the design work for my works website but there are a ton more people better than me.

9. supremedesigner macrumors 6502a

supremedesigner

Any news yet?

It has been six months and any news yet on this one? I am curious if you guys have alpha version of it so we all can see it? Thanks!

10. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Things are on the back burner for a wee while, it seems. It's been pushed back a bit to accomodate people's current schedules, but the discussion still continues elsewhere. :)

11. arn thread starter macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

this was put on hold for a while, but will be readdressed probably soon. my schedule opens up a fair bit after july 1

arn

12. jeremy.king macrumors 603

jeremy.king

13. hobbbz macrumors 6502a

hobbbz