Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AngerDanger

Graphics
Original poster
Staff member
Dec 9, 2008
A few people have asked for the wallpapers used in the 2019 iPhone and 16-inch MBP mockups, so here's a thread where you can download all of 'em. :)

2019 iPhone version – original and gold:

blue.jpg gold.jpg

16-inch MBP version:

Mountains Desktop 5K MBP.jpg

BONUS vaporwave atrocity:

vapor.jpg

Last edited:

AngerDanger

Graphics
Original poster
Staff member
Dec 9, 2008
Below are the wallpapers featured on the 3D 16-inch MacBook Pro mockups. Apologies for the odd dimensions; they were originally created with the matting of the screen material in mind.

screen wallpaper.jpg silver wallpaper.jpg space gray screen wallpaper.jpg gold screen wallpaper.jpg

Last edited:

AngerDanger

Graphics
Original poster
Staff member
Dec 9, 2008
Do you have a bigger version of this iPhone artwork?

I've seen a wider one used on the MacRumors iMac Mockup & iPhone Fold Concepts.
Not really; those aren't that much larger because the graphics they're in add a lot of padding around them, but I can look into making something higher res and a different aspect ratio. :)

What were you hoping to use it on?

DocHollywood2009

macrumors newbie
Jun 24, 2020
Not really; those aren't that much larger because the graphics they're in add a lot of padding around them, but I can look into making something higher res and a different aspect ratio. :)

For my own Apple Products I have & work with (iPhone, iMac, etc.). I'm a graphic designer & finally upgraded to Adobe Creative Cloud recently (been stuck on CS6 for too long!)

I'm also a fan of simple abstract art like the one I asked about. Been looking for that MacRumors wallpaper for a long time.

PS: If you're the original designer of those wallpapers, then I've gotta say excellent work!

Last edited:
Reactions: AngerDanger

DocHollywood2009

macrumors newbie
Jun 24, 2020

I use an iMac 27 inch & an iPhone 11 Pro Max. That's what I intended it for. It looks awesome on the mockups!

AngerDanger

Graphics
Original poster
Staff member
Dec 9, 2008

Attachments

• Concept Wallpaper for iMac Cropped.jpg
    Concept Wallpaper for iMac Cropped.jpg
    312 KB · Views: 774
  • Concept Wallpaper for iMac.jpg
    Concept Wallpaper for iMac.jpg
    371.5 KB · Views: 746
  • Concept Wallpaper iPhone.jpg
    Concept Wallpaper iPhone.jpg
    533.2 KB · Views: 760

indulgentgeek

macrumors newbie
Aug 5, 2020

AngerDanger

Graphics
Original poster
Staff member
Dec 9, 2008
How would somebody go about creating a wallpaper with that split design? I’d love to make my own.
It depends on your level of familiarity with image manipulation programs, like Photoshop.

There are more procedural ways to do it with masks and adjustment layers, but assuming you're a novice, I've created a 30 second tutorial using Photopea.com:

Reactions: kazmac

AngerDanger

Graphics
Original poster
Staff member
Dec 9, 2008
Here's the splitscreen wallpaper from the iOS 14 beta 6 Instagram post:

red orange wallpaper.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.