MacRumors Rankings

EricNau

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Apr 27, 2005
San Francisco, CA
How do the member "rankings" go for MacRumors?
All I know is this : newbie > member > regular > ...

Is this a rating of the number of posts, or how often you post?

Sorry, this has probably been addressed hundreds of times, but I didn't know what to search under.

grapes911

Moderator emeritus
Jul 28, 2003
Citizens Bank Park
EricNau said:
What's the difference between a "DemiGod" and a Contributer"?
Nothing. A Demi-God didn't like having God in their title so one of the Mods created Contributor for them. There are a few Contributers now. I just prefer it over Demi-god.

EricNau

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Apr 27, 2005
San Francisco, CA
grapes911 said:
Nothing. A Demi-God didn't like having God in their title so one of the Mods created Contributor for them. There are a few Contributers now. I just prefer it over Demi-god.
Got it.
Thanks Everyone! :)

xsedrinam

macrumors 601
Oct 21, 2004
grapes911 said:
Actually, we were offended with having anything "Demi" in it. :p

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
I've always wondered about that too. Thanks for the clarification.

grapes911

Moderator emeritus
Jul 28, 2003
Citizens Bank Park
Blue Velvet said:
The Demis smoke behind the bike sheds after school.
That's cool. We Contributers smoke under the football stadium seats after school. And because there are less of us, we have more weed to pass around. Or...a...we are talking about marijuana, right? :eek: :rolleyes: :p

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
grapes911 said:
That's cool. We Contributers smoke under the football stadium seats after school. And because there are less of us, we have more weed to pass around. Or...a...we are talking about marijuana, right? :eek: :rolleyes: :p

wdlove sells the best nickel bags.

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
EricNau said:
Got it.
Thanks Everyone! :)
Yep, you just need to read through the FAQ, almost everything you need to know is there. For a second, I thought you were a newbie until I realized it was you asking the question! :p ;) :)

And as you can see, you have many ranks to enjoy over the coming years. 6502 is only the beginning! :cool:

EricNau

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Apr 27, 2005
San Francisco, CA
~Shard~ said:
Yep, you just need to read through the FAQ, almost everything you need to know is there. For a second, I thought you were a newbie until I realized it was you asking the question! :p ;) :)
Yeah...:eek:
By hitting the FAQ button (between 'User CP' & 'Members List') it didn't get me to that thread -- It really should in my opinion.

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
EricNau said:
Yeah...:eek:
By hitting the FAQ button (between 'User CP' & 'Members List') it didn't get me to that thread -- It really should in my opinion.
Yeah, I know what you mean, there are a few threads like that. But, with a little bit of hunting, you can usually easily find the answers to your questions. :)