Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DoFoT9

macrumors P6
Jun 11, 2007
London, United Kingdom
Great job kid!

You remind me of myself when I was your age. Except you are more talented ;)

You have a great future ahead of you in design, I can tell!

yes i second that! it does look quite attractive, and very "with the times".

what part of the goldy you on? im in the good state side at kingscliff;)

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
This is the best mockup yet, its new yet still the same.:) I like the colors.

JoeG4

macrumors 68030
Jan 11, 2002
I was bored and thought I'd throw ya a bone. :cool:

Unfortunately the banner has to be there.. gotta love the internet lol. Anyway, you inspired me to make a concept, but when I got to the context section I decided I was done photoshopping for the day, realized I liked what you had, and dropped it in. :)

This setup with the tab bar would require some modifications to the forum, no big deal to me - see http://www.vgmasters.com - done weird things before. :D

Hope you like the idea! (I know, it isn't perfect)..

also:
http://www.9010.us/mrconcept2.png

Attachments

• mr2f.png
    mr2f.png
    547.2 KB · Views: 198

Schtumple

macrumors 601
Jun 13, 2007
benkadams.com
Does look very nice, but I think the chances of having it implemented in the near future are slim to none, IIRC, the argument has always been "If it aint broke, don't fix it" and "users don't come here for the design, they come here for the news" which is fair enough, but MR is beginning to look like something out of 2001...

Teh Don Ditty

macrumors G4
Jan 15, 2007
Maryland
^Beginning too?

This site is very outdated. A nice simple refresh, like the one that has been posted, would do this place a world of wonder.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
I hear you. Seems arn is concentrating more on his iPhone sites. As an eCommerce sales and marketing guy, this site has so mush more potential. Why it's not more integrated with his other sites escapes me.

techfreak85

macrumors 68040
Jan 13, 2008
Places
I hear you. Seems arn is concentrating more on his iPhone sites. As an eCommerce sales and marketing guy, this site has so mush more potential. Why it's not more integrated with his other sites escapes me.
how would you suggest it be more integrated? carryover accounts?
Edit: one central Forum?

Teh Don Ditty

macrumors G4
Jan 15, 2007
Maryland
I hear you. Seems arn is concentrating more on his iPhone sites. As an eCommerce sales and marketing guy, this site has so much more potential. Why it's not more integrated with his other sites escapes me.

Agreed. The site already is making a lot of money, it could bring in so much more.

JoeG4

macrumors 68030
Jan 11, 2002
Yeah, I could totally go for making over MacRumors' forum. If all else, I've been itching to give VBulletin a makeover forever now, but never have been approached with that opportunity.

It'd be nice! I could use some work. :D

supremedesigner

macrumors 65816
Dec 9, 2005
Wow. I liked it a lot. Very clean mockup. Looks like there's lot of positive reviews in this forum. So that's a good start.

However, I noticed you didn't include "positive" and "negative" on each articles/news? Don't forget to include that.

Also, IMO, the header and footer.... not too sure about that. I think it'll be OK!

I think I just found out yesterday that AppleInsider just launched new mobile site for iPhone/iPod Touch. It's not bad but a bit laggy when the menu hide/show.

Maybe you can design mobile version (just one page) and see what it looks like? Keep up the good work!

ARN, I think you should re-consider this if you're going to re-vamp your site and MAKE SURE there is no more table layout! :)

JoeG4

macrumors 68030
Jan 11, 2002
*Bounces* What ever happened to the contest and the designer they were supposed to choose and stuff anyway?

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
What ever happened to the contest and the designer they were supposed to choose and stuff anyway?
There was never a contest, just a feeler for interested professional designers and a preliminary evaluation.

A site update would be welcomed by many, but other projects still have priority.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.