MacRumors RSS feed is below par

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by mgpg89, Jan 4, 2009.

1. mgpg89 macrumors 6502a

mgpg89

I don't know if this is just an issue I'm experiencing, if it's intentionally or if Arn doesn't care about RSS feeds, but the MacRumors one is really below par.

2 lines of text and no images.

I use 'Times' to stay up-to-date with all my feeds and MacRumors is my most important source.
    I can read all other feeds entirely in 'Times' and MacRumors is the only one that doesn't display images and forces me to read the article in Safari.

Are you guys planning on improving this in the near future?

Just a question, no offence.

2. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

3. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

Yep. it's on the list. :)

arn

4. mgpg89 thread starter macrumors 6502a

mgpg89

Good to know. Thanks!

5. ncsmith4 macrumors 6502

Why can't we get FULL articles in MacRumors RSS?

Other sites post FULL articles in their RSS feeds. Im curious as to why MacRumors chooses to not do this? My only thought would be ad revenue. Is there another reason why this user-inconvenient choice is being made?

Im just curious...

6. ncsmith4 macrumors 6502

Thanks for moving my post here. I swear I DID do a search for a thread like this before posting.

Any time frame on switching the RSS to full articles? Seems like this thread was created in January...

7. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

They can put ads in RSS feeds.

8. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

It's been almost a year now, is it that hard to adjust a RSS feed? I've never done it before, so I wouldn't know...

9. socknocerous macrumors newbie

confused...

I have been subscribed to the macrumors rss feed in Thunderbird 2 for the last few months and have always received the full articles with images. I just updated to Thunderbird 3 yesterday and now every new macrumors post shows up as the truncated two lines as mentioned above.

Any ideas how this happened or what I can do to restore the old behavior? How was I able to get the full posts before? I loved being able to read the complete articles, this little two lines of text is driving me bonkers! :confused:

10. the.snitch macrumors regular

the.snitch

OK still desperately waiting on full RSS feeds - arn is it coming anytime soon?

I can see it benefiting everyone - less load on your servers as people aren’t pointlessly loading pages, and users get to use your feed in all the amazing new iOS apps that deal with RSS. Put some ads in the RSS if monetization is an issue

Thanks

11. huntaub macrumors newbie

12. the.snitch macrumors regular

the.snitch