Macrumors taking forever to load?

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by npolly0212, Nov 28, 2015.

1. npolly0212 macrumors 65816

hey all, has anybody else had problems with the website loading? Starting a few days ago it takes forever to load a webpage.

On my iPhone it takes a few minutes to load up a single page, on my wifi, school wifi, girlfriends wifi, and lte

Also on my iPad it takes for ever while trying multiple different wifi locations.

Haven't been able to try it on my laptop, haven't really been home much to try it.

2. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

Macrumors still takes finite time to load for me.

3. npolly0212 thread starter macrumors 65816

Well it just randomly started the other day
    And every so often it'll load right up but once loaded each page I click can take anywhere from 30 seconds -3 minutes or never loading

4. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

I've definitely been getting this problem sporadically. Makes it really frustrating.

5. npolly0212 thread starter macrumors 65816

Yeah just wanted to check and see if it was just me. Getting to the point I'm about to stop trying to get on anymore

6. kazmac macrumors 603

kazmac

Yes, it takes a while to load in Safari and Firefox in Yosemite.

That said, I am noticing this with other sites too. Yahoo mail on the web won't work after I get to my log in page in Safari. I have to use Firefox to read and use my mail online. :rolleyes:

I don't dare update this aging iMac to El Crapitan after what Mavericks and Yosemite have done to it.

7. millerj123 macrumors 65816

I noticed it most often with the BestBuy black Friday adds at the top. Sometimes that was all that would load. It has been much better this morning.

8. npolly0212 thread starter macrumors 65816

After checking my MacBook it loads fine just my phone and iPad

Still off and on for me today also

9. kazmac macrumors 603

kazmac

Indeed working fine mobile-wise, but Yosemite Safari / Firefox on my 2010 iMac are slower to load.

10. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

11. millerj123 macrumors 65816

Now I'm off and on, too. I'm just getting an unloaded blank page.

12. npolly0212 thread starter macrumors 65816

13. Traverse macrumors 604

Traverse

I was using the Ghostry extension and that caused a few second white page before any content would appear every time I clicked a link. I whitelisted the site and now it's running normally for me.

14. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Regret to say it seems to be taking quite an age to load, and is sometimes hanging, stalling, and crashing, too. This is especially evident when fresh alerts have loaded.

It is also strikingly evident when I am trying to send a post, as it sometimes cuts out, cancels, stalls, or more embarrassing still, duplicates a post on which I had pressed 'send' on for a second time thinking it lost.

Mind you, my internet connection is also very erratic - and unfortunately both MR and the internet connection seem to affect each other adversely.

15. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

We made a big change that should help the site loading time. Ads shouldn't hold up the site rendering any longer.

arn

16. millerj123 macrumors 65816

I've had the page hang twice on loading this morning.

17. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

To be honest, ever since the change to Xenforo, I have had it hang endlessly.

This tends to happen especially when I receive an alert and am simultaneously clicking onto another page of a thread, or have been to send a post. It seems that the system finds multi-tasking a bit complicated, as I do myself on occasion.

18. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

Are we talking about the front page? or the forums?

thanks
    arn

19. millerj123 macrumors 65816

Forums. Thank you for looking into this. Both times the next ad was BestBuy.

20. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

I switched some stuff around. Lemme know if you still have problems

21. phrehdd macrumors 68040

phrehdd

I find that a few sites have this "load" problem. The more ads, the more problems. Safari loads far slower than Firefox in most cases. Also, I find it amusing if I have a few tabs open that have animated ads, the temperature of my laptop goes up (as does the fans). Here I am doing zero work and the system is taxed by these ads (I'm leaving the expletives out).

One would think that dear ol' Apple would be aware of load issues and temp and provide easy access tools within Safari (for the general public) to deal with these issues. Then again, the way web pages are built should remain suspect.