Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Happy 24th Birthday to MacRumors!

MacRumors-Banner.jpeg

MacRumors was founded by doctor-turned-blogger Arnold Kim on February 24, 2000, while he was earning his medical degree, and it has since become the world's most popular Apple-focused news website. Fittingly, we share our birthday with Apple's co-founder Steve Jobs, who would have turned 69 years old today.

MacRumors has been around for many major Apple product announcements, including the iPod, iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, and more:
(We've had such a long run that some of the images are broken in these!)

Thank you to all of our readers, volunteers, and everyone else in our community. We look forward to continuing to share the latest Apple news and rumors.

Article Link: MacRumors Turns 24 Today: Reflecting on Apple's Major Announcements

Last edited by a moderator:

krspkbl

macrumors 68020
Jul 20, 2012
i think i first started visiting here around 2008. not an OG but been visiting for a long time.

my first apple product was the original iPod Nano but I don't think i came here back then. my first Mac was the late '08 unibody macbook redesign and my first iPhone was the 3G so i guess that's about when I started coming here. i remember when the iPad launched and it was just a big iPod touch. antenna-gate on here was fun.

Last edited:

DakotaGuy

macrumors 601
Jan 14, 2002
South Dakota, USA
I've been around here since January 14, 2002. I still remember the shock around this place the day the transition to Intel from PowerPC was announced. I also remember the debates about Verizon getting the iPhone. So many times I've heard "It'll never happen!" and then it does. The most recent being RCS messaging on the iPhone.

Tagbert

macrumors 603
Jun 22, 2011
Seattle
The comments on the iPod launch aged well…. 🤣🤣🤣
Those iPod announcement comments say “the more things change, the more they stay the same.”

They sound a lot like many of the comments on new product line announcements.

“$400 for an Mp3 Player!”
“I was so hoping for something more.”
“Great just what the world needs, another freaking MP3 player.”
”All this hype for something so ridiculous! “
”trully revolutionary MY ASSSS!”

I think I’ve seen exactly some of these comments on the Vision Pro threads. The world changes around us, but we remain the same.

hoorayberet00

macrumors newbie
Aug 1, 2014

Happy 24th Birthday to MacRumors! 🥳

MacRumors-Banner.jpeg

MacRumors was founded by doctor-turned-blogger Arnold Kim on February 24, 2000, while he was earning his medical degree, and it has since become the world's most popular Apple-focused news website. Fittingly, we share our birthday with Apple's co-founder Steve Jobs, who would have turned 69 years old today.

MacRumors has been around for many major Apple product announcements, including the iPod, iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, and more:
(We've had such a long run that some of the images are broken in these!)

Thank you to all of our readers, volunteers, and everyone else in our community. We look forward to continuing to share the latest Apple news and rumors.

Article Link: MacRumors Turns 24 Today: Reflecting on Apple's Major Announcements
I started visiting the site since 2011. I really appreciate the reporting. Out of all the products since 2011, I had a lot of hope for the HomePod. I’m still hoping home audio becomes refined with Apple’s offerings.

Reactions: G5isAlive
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.