Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Durandal7

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 24, 2001
What is your philosophy on life?
How do you go about living your life?
Who are you?
What do you want?
Where are you going?
Why?

*Note that this thread has nothing to do with Macs and is simply another installation in the infamous "Macs and" series.

kettle

macrumors 65816
I saw a wasp upon a wall
and did not like its face at all
and so the creature had no time
to wonder weather he liked mine.

not by me

I'll try to find out.

I am a kettle
I want to boil water
I'm going to put it in a tea pot
to make some tea.
:confused:

shadowfax

macrumors 603
Sep 6, 2002
Houston, TX
Re: Macs and Life

What is your philosophy on life? God is. God is good. I am here. + or - a bunch of other stuff :p
How do you go about living your life? one day at a time, looking for beauty and losing it too often.
Who are you? I am. not to be confused with I AM. I am here, i am going to die.
What do you want? forgiveness for being me?
Where are you going? none of your business.
Why? 'cos i said so.

Durandal7

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 24, 2001
Life is simply a journey, as such you should follow what you what want and not let your every action be governed by others.

I live my life in a way that amuses me. This sometimes sets off some people but they should deal with it.

I am Durandal7, nothing more, nothing less. One human being among 6 billion.

What I want is happiness and knowledge above all else. I obtain happiness from knowledge so I suppose it works out for the best.

Life is a precious and rare thing, though the rare part is debatable. As far as I am concerned, matter is a byproduct of consciousness and time is not as we percieve it. Afterall, we only percieve time due to a chemical reaction which is very primitive method of understanding such a complex thing.

Life is a mysterious and wonderful thing, much more then some people will admit. It amazes me how some people would rahter live misreably with money instead of pursuing hapiness at the expense of a few dollars/euros.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
Trying to do the best that I can each day, for tomorrow will take care of itself!

Zion Grail

macrumors regular
Dec 24, 2002
Chicagoland
Peace...

Livin' life, livin' love, lovin' livin.

[BTW - I know I exist because even if this is all an illusion, that's something and thus is proving stuff is.]

Peacin' out. Some bits from my favorite rap song say it fairly well-

spend your life gettin booty, smokin out, chasin stack,
and you'll win the rat race but you'll still die a rat
don't fight with Desire, don't be her tool
kick back and relax, letcha common sense rule
step back, step away, one step every day
and you'll step from the wheel of the world to the Way
learn to do like Pooh, flow like water roll down
and get stack, get booty and be high on the Tao

[death raps this bit]

so don't fear me, 'cuz in me you see
the truth of the life: that to live is to be!
the fact of creation, the rush of sensation
and living lives on through the Death inspiration
and whether your life comes out pear-shaped or spherical
good or bad, kid, it's whatcha get, and it's a miracle.

Peyton

macrumors 68000
Feb 2, 2006
Life is too short to contemplate endless questions such as these :D

jk, but maybe I'm on to something...

FocusAndEarnIt

macrumors 601
May 29, 2005
life in my view is my silent pain that no one sees - that no one understands and no one will ever endure the pain and suffering i go about everyday, silently and hopelessly.

calebjohnston

macrumors 68000
Jan 24, 2006
After studying astronomy for quite some time, you have to just wonder why what we do actually matters. There are over 400 billion stars in our galaxy alone, and over 50 billion galaxies that we know of in the Universe.

Just to add some perspective, the nearest star is, I believe, over 4 light years away. Crazy.

We're here because we developed, no particular reason. At least as far as I see it.

Plymouthbreezer

macrumors 601
Feb 27, 2005
Massachusetts
What is your philosophy on life? - Life is complex, but understand each piece, and you'll understand it all. Oh, and make the right connections, or, even better, be the one who people look to as a "connection."
How do you go about living your life? - Stressed, albeit accomplished.
Who are you? - I am Ryan.
What do you want? - I want to be remembered.
Where are you going? - To everywhere and anywhere.
Why? - Because there's too many wonderful things to miss out on if you don't.

TrenchMouth

macrumors 6502
Nov 21, 2002
Plymouthbreezer said:
Who are you? - I am Ryan.

No, I am Ryan.

OK, we can share.

My philosophy on life...I am insignificant and unique, just like everyone else. I am a mirical. A mirical that has happened over 7 billion times. I believe in a "higher power" but I don't think it has ever told us what to do beyond the instructions written in the laws of physics. I want to get to where I am going, because I don't have a choice but to go there. I will enjoy every last minute of it, and I will use a Mac along the way.

Shamus

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2006
lilstewart said:
life in my view is my silent pain that no one sees - that no one understands and no one will ever endure the pain and suffering i go about everyday, silently and hopelessly.

What an optimistic and positive approach to life. :rolleyes:

Plymouthbreezer

macrumors 601
Feb 27, 2005
Massachusetts
TrenchMouth said:
No, I am Ryan.

OK, we can share.

My philosophy on life...I am insignificant and unique, just like everyone else. I am a mirical. A mirical that has happened over 7 billion times. I believe in a "higher power" but I don't think it has ever told us what to do beyond the instructions written in the laws of physics. I want to get to where I am going, because I don't have a choice but to go there. I will enjoy every last minute of it, and I will use a Mac along the way.
Cool, I see you're from Jupiter - My aunt lives in Colony Inlet. Amazing place.

TrenchMouth

macrumors 6502
Nov 21, 2002
Plymouthbreezer said:
Cool, I see you're from Jupiter - My aunt lives in Colony Inlet. Amazing place.

very nice. i am a fan of jupiter. love the weather, as long as it is not trying to kill you...:p

amateurmacfreak

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2005
Durandal7 said:
What is your philosophy on life?
How do you go about living your life?
Who are you?
What do you want?
Where are you going?
Why?

*Note that this thread has nothing to do with Macs and is simply another installation in the infamous "Macs and" series.
My philosophy on life in that the point of life is to bring light, beauty, and love into as many places as you can and to try to stop yourself from creating pain for yourself or others.
Who am I? All I know is that I have a body, so when I die, I have no clue what happens. I actually do believe in a sort of heaven after death, but I don't like to think about it too much. It stresses me out b/c I fret over the details over what it would be like. Being nonexistent and just having my body decompose may seem morbid, but to be it seems beautiful... strange, I know. Anyways, I don't fear death... and who I am is just some body and what makes me who I am are my DNA and my outside environment. I don't think it's bad for humans to care about things and feel as though they have free will, but I almost feel as if free will is an illusion and that we can't blame people because they're just a product of their DNA and surroundings, as am I.
What do I want? I want fufillment. I want contentment and love and humanity pulsing through my veins.
Where am I going? I expect my life path to be finish junior high, go to high school, go to college, intern some places, probs go to graduate school, and then I'll probably do something involving science, and I would love to be a professor in it but of course that requires being pretty brilliant and working lots, but I have a major passion for science.

amateurmacfreak

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2005
TrenchMouth said:
No, I am Ryan.

OK, we can share.

God, Ryan. Why do you have to say something cool and clever and still funny that totally crushes my answer I wrote that will probs make me late to school. ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.