Mactrast "Insider Info"

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by axu539, Feb 15, 2011.

1. axu539 macrumors 6502a

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

1440x900 will, or at least should be a standard in 13" MBP. It would be ridiculous if MBA had better resolution as standard. Same thing for 15", 1680x1050 will be the standard. Matte option for 13" sounds rather unlikely.

I think they are just guessing.

3. FriarNurgle macrumors regular

FriarNurgle

Pretty specific info. Definitely worth keeping a track on.

4. fel10 macrumors 68000

fel10

5. axu539, Feb 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2011

axu539 thread starter macrumors 6502a

If these rumors are true, though, Apple could be tryong to lower prices. Furthermore, mbp displays are higher quality than mba screens so maybe they cost more too at that resolution.

Yeah. It was particularly worth noting that they had specific weights of the new machines. Could give them a tiny bit of credibility.

6. murdercitydevil macrumors 68000

murdercitydevil

"The 17″ model is also claimed to be gaining an advanced graphics option that will, for some reason, only be available in the 17″ model."

DO NOT WANT

7. Mr. Chewbacca macrumors 6502a

Mr. Chewbacca

8. mlynchmob16 macrumors regular

If this is true I will order a 13" on release day! I'm so happy news for MBP's are starting to leak instead of just iOS devices!

9. DesmoPilot macrumors 65816

MBP displays are TN panels so they can't be that expensive.

10. CmdrLaForge macrumors 68040

CmdrLaForge

Why would a 13" matte be unlikely ? I think it is rather likely.

11. stockscalper macrumors 6502a

stockscalper

Other rumor sites have Apple going with SSD drives. That alone would count for the weight drop. I wonder if they will be thinner? That's what interests me.

12. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Apple has never offered matte in 13" MB/MBP. Even when 15" and 17" MBP had matte displays as standard, 13" MacBook had a glossy screen. Apple wants people to pay more for the 15" and 17" models in order to get matte screens.

13. axu539 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah but now apple won't need that. It has a modular bay to draw buyers to a larger model.

14. IT-Pro macrumors regular

Considering the amount of changes (if the article is to believed) I think Apple wouldn't release this update without proper media attention and thus a media event, most likely along the new iPad.

15. mlynchmob16 macrumors regular

I agree that there would be a media event for this. Hopefully that March 1st date we are hearing about pans out.

16. ZebOfMac macrumors regular

ZebOfMac

If they get the express card back in the 15" I may be calling Apple to take back their 17" they just sent me.

17. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

Sorry, you lost me at modular bay. This is the same Apple that gave us a 27" cinema display with built in MagSafe instead of a proper expansion port.

They might as well have thrown in FireWire 3200, fiber based lightpeak and USB 3.0.

Oh yeah, esata and Blu ray too. Did I mention IPS screens? Yeah, that's in there too . :rolleyes:

18. mikeo007 macrumors 65816

Does anyone remember that macosrumors article from before the Arrandale macbooks were released? Their story was so similar to this one, with exquisite detail. It was so professional sounding, and the sources seemed totally legit.

And they were wrong about virtually everything that they predicted.

Move along folks.

19. modit macrumors 6502

If that's true...someone needs to use that Men in Black mind eraser pen on us :(

[​IMG]

20. daher1012 macrumors newbie

Its so detailed......I see this at two extremes, either complete garbage or totally true

21. rmbrown09 macrumors 6502a

rmbrown09

Could happen

22. laser71 macrumors regular

Every piece of me wants this to be true, but I still find it so hard to believe that no pictures or further details have leaked out yet. Those are some fairly big changes to not have any hint of.

Does anyone know of any possible media events scheduled for March? Or perhaps they usually only announce them a week in advance?

23. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

Anything's possible, but at some point you have to say "enough is enough".

IF these rumors + the rumors about the use of quad core chips etc are true than that means :
    -lower price
    -new body
    + Modular bay
    + Lighter??!
    + 1+ USB
    -faster chips
    -more cores
    -expresscard slot on the 15 inch
    -'advanced' graphics on the 17 inch :rolleyes:
    -lower prices for ram + ssd
    -more BTO options
    -better battery

No.
    It's not going to happen. All of that? The MBP has never undergone so many changes in one revision. It's an either-or fashion. You can have a body upgrade, but with similar innards -or- you can have new innards, but with the same body you know and love. You can have a price drop, but you will lose some functionality with the drop.

This speculation has gotten out of hand. All it sets up is epic disappointment when the much improved (but not as much as everyone wanted) Macbook Pro comes out. That's always how it is.

24. modit, Feb 15, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2011

modit macrumors 6502

Exactly...either this blog has it's 9to5 Mac moment or gets regulated to irrelevance like Kevin Rose of Digg.com fame.

I'm mildly optimistic :eek:

I don't want to be on that bus. What's your thoughts 'eddyisgreat'? Body upgrade or better specs?

25. false macrumors newbie

I'd be happy with a BTO option for a better video card on the 17" since my use case is a desktop replacement that I occasionally will need to run Maya or Motion Builder on.