Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

None Such

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2006
it's 5:03 and I still keep getting the exact same message. Looks like i'm gonna miss out on this if something doesn't change.

edit: looks like it had something to do with my work computer.

noway

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2007
After I've installed the MU bundle, I really can't tell which between cocktail and onyx is the best. Anyone has an opinion on this?
(no need to mention the 15$ vs free software... got them both already)

LimeiBook86

macrumors G3
May 4, 2002
Go Vegan
Anyone get their licenses for Writeroom and Exces yet?

I did not get my Writeroom or Pixelmator licenses. I e-mailed MacHiest, and I have gotten NO response from them, grrr. I go to the page to see if they can send it again, it says "You have already collected your licenses!".

I did this before TechTool was available (and before these two programs were), they need to let me re-submit my information I think. I did get my Exces license though. :rolleyes: :(

Anyone have a better e-maill address for them than: directorate@macheist.com ?? I have a feeling this one is a dead end, although it's the only thing on their contact page. :mad:

Update: Having trouble with getting your WriteRoom licenses? Check out this link from MacHiest to redeem lost ones, click here. Worked for me. :D

MacinDoc

macrumors 68020
Mar 22, 2004
The Great White North
How are you trying to boot with the DVD?
Yes, exactly. When installing, you get a message that you have 30 days to ensure that you can boot up using your DVD.

BTW, does anyone know what the $15 upgrade to the "full DVD version" gives you? Is it just a DVD that they have burned, or will it give you the ability to upgrade more economically to the next version, which should arrive some time after Leopard?

LimeiBook86

macrumors G3
May 4, 2002
Go Vegan
Yes, exactly. When installing, you get a message that you have 30 days to ensure that you can boot up using your DVD.

BTW, does anyone know what the $15 upgrade to the "full DVD version" gives you? Is it just a DVD that they have burned, or will it give you the ability to upgrade more economically to the next version, which should arrive some time after Leopard?

The downloaded version is the exact same version that you get on DVD. You are just paying them for them to burn a disc for you. There are no special features or added functions. :)

MacinDoc

macrumors 68020
Mar 22, 2004
The Great White North
The downloaded version is the exact same version that you get on DVD. You are just paying them for them to burn a disc for you. There are no special features or added functions. :)
Well, I guess I won't buy it then, as long as I can get my MacBook to boot up with the DVD I burned...

Question is, why will it not boot up?

Scalfani

macrumors member
Aug 2, 2007
bump.

Mine won't boot up from the burned TT4 pro image DVD, anyone find a fix? or should i just forget about the edrive option?????

Scalfani

macrumors member
Aug 2, 2007
found the problem.

Firmware password was preventing boot up from cd drive. hold down option then enter pw. :) hope that helps some people

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.