Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

185513-macworldexpo_500.jpg

Macworld magazine highlights their "Best of Show" awards for products shown at Macworld Expo 2011 this year.

Mac Products

- Awind McTiVia - Transmits your Mac's video and audio to your HDTV over Wi-Fi. The $199 receiver connects to your TV via HDMI. Based on MirrorOp technology, this video shows it in action.
- Dane Elec myDitto Key - A USB key that lets you easily access your home myDitto file server securely while on the go.
- Global Delight's Boom - A $4.99 software volume booster for your Mac.
- OWC Mercury Aura Pro Express SSD - SSD Upgrade for the new MacBook Air. Previous coverage.

iOS Products

- BusyMac BusyToDo - iOS ToDo list manager that syncs with BusyCal or iCal over MobileMe. On sale for $0.99 during Macworld.
- Scosche myTrek Pulse Monitor and iOS App - Armband that monitors your pulse and tracks your progress on an iOS app over Bluetooth.
- Pocket Informant 2.0 - Calendar and task manager for iOS. On sale for $4.99 during Macworld.
- Zagg ZaggMate with keyboard - iPad case with built-in Bluetooth keyboard and stand.
- Rain Design iRest for iPad - An iPad stand designed to also be used on your lap with soft foam cushioning.
- TenOne Designs Fling - A physical joystick that attaches to your iPad's screen.

Article Link: Macworld Expo 2011: Best of Show Winners

infiniteentropy

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2009
Saw Leo Laporte playing with the Fling on TWiT. Looked pretty cool, might grab one... virtual joysticks have tripped me up on some games. :(

Edit: make that... might grab _a pair_. One would be... odd.

bdkennedy1

Suspended
Oct 24, 2002
I will never but anything from OWC again. Everything I have bought form them dies right after the warranty expires and I sure wouldn't trust their products with my data.

Popeye206

macrumors 68040
Sep 6, 2007
NE PA USA
Tried to watch the McTivia video as streaming from my macbook via wifi to my TV interests me. Unfortunately the video sounds like it was filmed 20,000 leagues under the sea.

You need Global Delights Boom to listen to it.... didn't you get the Memo? :D

QuarterSwede

macrumors G3
Oct 1, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
Does the Global Delight's Boom really work?

The quality of the sound can't be good anyway right?
Won't that damage the laptop?
I'm guessing it's just a system wide amplitude booster (+/-12db). The same thing is in iTunes EQ. I wouldn't trust it to not blow my speakers and it would certainly cause distortion.

You need Global Delights Boom to listen to it.... didn't you get the Memo? :D
FTW! LOL!

lars666

macrumors 65816
Jul 13, 2008
I'm also very interested in the Awind McTiVia. Anybody can confirm that this works perfectly for watching videos from Mac to HDTV (which would be 98 percent of my usage) or is shervieux' experience with the ****** sound common? Also, does anybody know if you still have to pay 69 dollars for the MirrorOP software when buying this device, or do you get a licence for free?

Not very helpful reviews of this thing out there yet. If anybody can recommend this device (or not), let me know. Thanks a lot.

shervieux

macrumors 6502
Apr 6, 2010
I'm also very interested in the Awind McTiVia. Anybody can confirm that this works perfectly for watching videos from Mac to HDTV (which would be 98 percent of my usage) or is shervieux' experience with the ****** sound common? Also, does anybody know if you still have to pay 69 dollars for the MirrorOP software when buying this device, or do you get a licence for free?

Not very helpful reviews of this thing out there yet. If anybody can recommend this device (or not), let me know. Thanks a lot.

Let me clarify.... I do not own the device. the *** sound was the video that was linked in this post. Which can be seen on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YzmgLQ2vsI&feature=player_embedded

Sorry if I confused anyone.....

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
If this was best of show, this is one show that shouldn't go on.

philr5150

macrumors regular
Nov 9, 2010
Omaha, NE
Awind McTiVia - Transmits your Mac's video and audio to your HDTV over Wi-Fi.

Errrr.... isn't this what AppleTV is for and $100 cheaper too?

Gen

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2008
Awind McTiVia - Transmits your Mac's video and audio to your HDTV over Wi-Fi.

Errrr.... isn't this what AppleTV is for and $100 cheaper too?

No, they transmit your entire computer screen - so whatever you have on your screen is on your TV, way better than Apple TV since they just stream iTunes movies and music

lars666

macrumors 65816
Jul 13, 2008
Let me clarify.... I do not own the device. the *** sound was the video that was linked in this post. Which can be seen on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YzmgLQ2vsI&feature=player_embedded

Sorry if I confused anyone.....

Hi shervieux, thanks for the clarification. Probably was my fault with this misunderstanding.

@philr515: If this works as promised, you are not limited to iTunes friendly videos, but can stream any video playing on your computer, including flash videos, Hulu, using Plex etc. pp. Even more than a jailbreaked Apple TV can provide, I guess, let alone a "normal" version.

philr5150

macrumors regular
Nov 9, 2010
Omaha, NE
Hi shervieux, thanks for the clarification. Probably was my fault with this misunderstanding.

@philr515: If this works as promised, you are not limited to iTunes friendly videos, but can stream any video playing on your computer, including flash videos, Hulu, using Plex etc. pp. Even more than a jailbreaked Apple TV can provide, I guess, let alone a "normal" version.

Gen + Lars - thanks. I took it to mean "video and audio FILES" from the Mac.

icrew

macrumors member
Feb 18, 2003
Scosche myTrek Pulse Monitor??

The link to the "Scosche myTrek Pulse Monitor and iOS App" seems to be broken. The site linked there doesn't have any mention of the product. Too bad--it sounded pretty cool....

Does anyone have a better link? Google shows lots of mentions like the one here on MacRumors, but nothing really authoritative.

ciTiger

macrumors 6502a
Jan 25, 2011
Portugal (Porto)
I'm guessing it's just a system wide amplitude booster (+/-12db). The same thing is in iTunes EQ. I wouldn't trust it to not blow my speakers and it would certainly cause distortion.

FTW! LOL!

That's what I Thought... And if it is so maybe you can find another way ( a free way) to tweak the sound yourself...

MacUser4_20

macrumors regular
Oct 8, 2004
California
Did anyone see Mophie's booth? They had new juice pack's in yellow, magenta, white and blue in 2000 mA versions!! Way cool, but the best part of the booth was the new Apple Juce iOS cleaner they had. It is an Apple scented cleaner like the iKlear stuff that is cheaper and really cleans better. I fell in love with the scent and the fact that there is no alcohol or ammonia in it! Check it out if you are there, I think the Mophie booth was by far the best!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.