Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What of the following do you expect for release at MacWorld?

• iPhone Nano

Votes: 24 21.6%
  • Apple NetBook

Votes: 11 9.9%
  • Cheaper MacBook

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • 17' MBP

Votes: 54 48.6%
  • Snow Leopard :)

Votes: 46 41.4%
  • iLife 09

Votes: 51 45.9%
  • Intel Core i7 Mac Pro

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • MacTablet

Votes: 8 7.2%
  • iMac Update, redesign

Votes: 62 55.9%
  • Anything iPod

Votes: 10 9.0%
  • No SJ (haha)

Votes: 33 29.7%
  • Mac mini update

Votes: 76 68.5%
  • Mac Pro update

Votes: 9 8.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

iParis

macrumors 68040
Jul 29, 2008
New Mexico
No, it says 32GB will be available Q4 2008 and 64GB will be available in 2009...unless I've read it wrong?

Yeah, but the other poster was trying to say it says it's coming out in Q2 '09.
Since Q4 '08 has already passed I'm set on Q1 '09, and Q1 of last year (February '08) was when the capacity was also doubled last year.
Yes, Intel said they may will have 64GB chips in early 2009 but as far as I know Apple uses Toshiba chips.

gazfocus

macrumors 68000
Jan 3, 2008
Liverpool, UK
Since Q4 '08 has already passed I'm set on Q1 '09, and Q1 of last year (February '08) was when the capacity was also doubled last year.
Yes, Intel said they may will have 64GB chips in early 2009 but as far as I know Apple uses Toshiba chips.

Well here's for hoping :) Fingers crossed

iParis

macrumors 68040
Jul 29, 2008
New Mexico
Well here's for hoping :) Fingers crossed

Ditto!
I'm hoping so much for the 64GB iPod touch!

Unfortunately I just turned 16 a few months ago so I don't have a job or a credit card to pay for an iPhone bill and my mom won't do it because she's cheap and we just renewed our damn contract with Verizon.
Here's hoping I'm able I get a job soon!

gazfocus

macrumors 68000
Jan 3, 2008
Liverpool, UK
Ditto!
I'm hoping so much for the 64GB iPod touch!

Unfortunately I just turned 16 a few months ago so I don't have a job or a credit card to pay for an iPhone bill and my mom won't do it because she's cheap and we just renewed our damn contract with Verizon.
Here's hoping I'm able I get a job soon!

In the UK, the iPhone tariffs are absolutely rubbish compared to anything else (even on the same network but with different phones), so I'll be getting mine on a Pay as You Go tariff. I was originally gonna get a Blackberry and an iPod Touch but the iPhone works out cheaper than buying the 2 believe it or not.

iParis

macrumors 68040
Jul 29, 2008
New Mexico
In the UK, the iPhone tariffs are absolutely rubbish compared to anything else (even on the same network but with different phones), so I'll be getting mine on a Pay as You Go tariff. I was originally gonna get a Blackberry and an iPod Touch but the iPhone works out cheaper than buying the 2 believe it or not.

Same thing in the US.
Except for we don't have PAYG; it would be amazing if we did. Maybe we will get it at MWSF '09 (who am I kidding)z
How much is PAYG? Like minutes, SMS, data, etc.

MacsBestFriend

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 6, 2008
upstate ny (purgatory)

ohh.............................................................. *spaz attack*

sorry!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

zap2

macrumors 604
Mar 8, 2005
Washington D.C
Same thing in the US.

Wait, what?

The iPhone is standard price on AT&T for smartphone $30 per month.....maybe Sprint is cheaper....but as far as I'm aware AT&T smart phones are the same(if anything the old iPhone prices where cheaper)

petermcphee

macrumors 6502a
Aug 20, 2008
I voted for the 17' MBP, simply because I think a seventeen foot tall MacBook Pro would be awesome. I mean, if it's that tall, think of the huge hard drive you could put in there! I might buy one and put it in my backyard to watch movies on.:D

All jokes aside, I think the mini and iMac updates are coming for sure, and I can't wait to see them!

iParis

macrumors 68040
Jul 29, 2008
New Mexico
Wait, what?

The iPhone is standard price on AT&T for smartphone $30 per month.....maybe Sprint is cheaper....but as far as I'm aware AT&T smart phones are the same(if anything the old iPhone prices where cheaper)

I thought that iPhone plans were more expensive than other smartphone plans.
Please excuse me if I'm mistaken.

gazfocus

macrumors 68000
Jan 3, 2008
Liverpool, UK
Same thing in the US.
Except for we don't have PAYG; it would be amazing if we did. Maybe we will get it at MWSF '09 (who am I kidding)z
How much is PAYG? Like minutes, SMS, data, etc.

On PAYG in the UK, the 8GB iPhone costs £342.50 and the 16GB costs £391.45 and o2 give free unlimited data and WiFi access for the first 12 months.

The PAYG tariffs are quite complicated but basically if you top up £10 a month you get 300 free texts, £15 a month gets you 500 free texts and £30 a month gets you unlimited free texts. All of these options give you the texts in addition to the amount you top up. Then their are tariffs that if you top up £15 you get free unlimited texts and calls to anyone on o2, etc.

Their cheapest tariff where you get the iPhone for free costs £45 a month and you get 1200 minutes and 500 texts, which is ok if you talk alot, but I tend to text far more so the £30 PAYG option is actually better for me.

I'm currently on the unlimited texts and calls to o2 numbers but this month alone I've topped up around £80 due to all my friends switching to other networks...damn people :p

iParis

macrumors 68040
Jul 29, 2008
New Mexico
On PAYG in the UK, the 8GB iPhone costs £342.50 and the 16GB costs £391.45 and o2 give free unlimited data and WiFi access for the first 12 months.

The PAYG tariffs are quite complicated but basically if you top up £10 a month you get 300 free texts, £15 a month gets you 500 free texts and £30 a month gets you unlimited free texts. All of these options give you the texts in addition to the amount you top up. Then their are tariffs that if you top up £15 you get free unlimited texts and calls to anyone on o2, etc.

Their cheapest tariff where you get the iPhone for free costs £45 a month and you get 1200 minutes and 500 texts, which is ok if you talk alot, but I tend to text far more so the £30 PAYG option is actually better for me.

I'm currently on the unlimited texts and calls to o2 numbers but this month alone I've topped up around £80 due to all my friends switching to other networks...damn people :p

OMG. That is so much better than the AT&T plans, especially since AT&T doesn't have a PAYG iPhone.!
Lucky!

Markleshark

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2006
Carlisle, Up Norf!
I don't see why we wont see a MacPro update, to start shipping in a few weeks. Apple and Intel get on well now, no? ;)

Would be surprised to see iMac updates over the MacPro...

gazfocus

macrumors 68000
Jan 3, 2008
Liverpool, UK
OMG. That is so much better than the AT&T plans, especially since AT&T doesn't have a PAYG iPhone.!
Lucky!

I think to be honest, it was the unlimited free data that sealed the deal for me (even though you get that on contract too, I don't think you get it with the other smartphones in the UK).

I don't see why we wont see a MacPro update, to start shipping in a few weeks. Apple and Intel get on well now, no? ;)

Would be surprised to see iMac updates over the MacPro...

I dunno, the processors that are expected to be used in the iMac have already started shipping, whereas the ones for the Mac Pro haven't (unless of course, Apple have got their hands on some unreleased CPU's which is entirely possible).

Markleshark

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2006
Carlisle, Up Norf!
Whilst I see your point, it is slightly flawed. 'Started Shipping' is to consumers, no? There is no reason the likes of Apple wouldn't have them to start shipping them soon, when Intel does (Which is soon, right?). Also, you say the processors 'which are supposed to be going in the iMac' and really, the only people that have said that are the same as me and you, the rumor readers, the apple fans. They are going off nothing but what they thing, nothing concrete at all.

We'll see on Tuesday. :)

gazfocus

macrumors 68000
Jan 3, 2008
Liverpool, UK
Whilst I see your point, it is slightly flawed. 'Started Shipping' is to consumers, no? There is no reason the likes of Apple wouldn't have them to start shipping them soon, when Intel does (Which is soon, right?). Also, you say the processors 'which are supposed to be going in the iMac' and really, the only people that have said that are the same as me and you, the rumor readers, the apple fans. They are going off nothing but what they thing, nothing concrete at all.

We'll see on Tuesday. :)

I actually said 'the processors that are expected to be used in the iMac...' but yes, I see your point and boy I can't wait til Tuesday :D It feels like Christmas all over again lol.

xUKHCx

Administrator emeritus
Jan 15, 2006
The Kop
Here is where you can post your own, or found mockups of what you expect or want at MWSF '09! MW is 1/11 (I think) so we have a week or so to collect as many wacky ideas possible! Enjoy!:)

My Mockup: :D

Your mockup reminds me of the old eMac. It is a little ugly but choosing brown as the base colour will not help. It has some potential, I tihnk the bezel will be a lot smaller than that. There have been some very since mockups for the macbook touch / tablet / whatever.

LowEnder

macrumors member
Aug 17, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
Hey i'd buy that!
Even if the image is "rough," I always enjoy visual rumors and the people who take the time to create them!
so...many thanks for the image and the poll!
Happy New Year!

svndmvn

Nov 6, 2007
Italy
The tablet, IMO, if it's coming, will probably be a bit like an iPod touch, with less useless space around the screen, no chrome or anything either, and the speakers would probably be underneath the screen, like on the iPhone, but 2 of them, they would kind of reflect on the user.

Srai-W

macrumors regular
Oct 10, 2008
Singapore
Netbook

Oops, I was on the other one about the new Apple Netbook, but just found this one! Yay! Ok, I found this on ninemsn in Australia, with a picture too... Hmm, not bad and they even give the price?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? :rolleyes:

Oh yeah - and that is a Dell ad in the bottom right corner! Sorry!!! I am typing this on my 12" PB G4 tho!
:eek:

Attachments

• macnetbook 9msn.jpg
    macnetbook 9msn.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 106

Will_reed

macrumors 6502
May 27, 2005
Realistically I'd say Probably a keynote about Snow leopard and maybe a few updates to the mac mini or iphone and the standard "We're doing great speech".
My heard wants Blu-ray disc even if they show off a prototype of the new version of DVD player that would play the discs and said we are aiming to get this out in the next 2 months.

gazfocus

macrumors 68000
Jan 3, 2008
Liverpool, UK
Oops, I was on the other one about the new Apple Netbook, but just found this one! Yay! Ok, I found this on ninemsn in Australia, with a picture too... Hmm, not bad and they even give the price?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? :rolleyes:

Oh yeah - and that is a Dell ad in the bottom right corner! Sorry!!! I am typing this on my 12" PB G4 tho!
:eek:

That's gotta be the worst I've seen yet. For starters, that touchpad woulde be completely unusable. and the keyboard/palmrest area isn't in proportion to the screen/lid.

Tallest Skil

macrumors P6
Aug 13, 2006
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
Only Steve Jobs and Tallest Skill know the details ;)

You said so yourself that the inputs would be useless. :D Besides, look at that button. There wouldn't be a button! It would be an actually-useable-size trackpad flush with the case and the whole surface would be the button.

Not to mention black keys. :p

This looks like a right-after-the-Air-release mockup, back in the days of plastic MacBooks.

Heck, this looks like a photoshopped Apple Wireless Keyboard with a screen stuck on it... wait...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.