Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SFStateStudent

macrumors 604
Aug 28, 2007
San Francisco California, USA
I got my email for Macworld SF '10, on Friday night, January 9th, and registered about (1) minute later. So, regardless of the CES thing, I'm going to MWSF '10 whether Apple shows or not. I really found myself visiting the other booths and vendor presentation areas, rather than crowding around "a 17" MBP." Last year, I stood in line to checkout the MBAir, while this year they only had 17" MBPs on the four corners of the display counters and there weren't the lines of 3-4 people deep...

blubox

macrumors member
Feb 10, 2008
Earth
Who can attend MacWorld and how old does one have to be? What if I sign up and later decide not to go?

Fabiano

macrumors regular
Jan 30, 2008
Palmas, Brazil
So it sells well?

Just because it is "released" and is an Apple product, doesn't mean it automatically becomes a winner with everyone. The hands on that Macworld provided for consumers is a big deal - especially when it is Joe Bloggs who will be telling us what is good or bad about it.

You can have a hands on in any Apple Store all over the world, This alone is making MacWorld even more pointless every year. As Schiller said, they have in 1 week in their stores more visitors than during the event. Apple don't need this event anymore to caught attention, plus they will not have to adapt their product release schedule to match the event schedule. I Think that they will start to do some minor product release events during the year, and just use CES as a way to catch the media attention in comparison with the other brands, not necessarily doing major product releases as they used to do on MacWorld.

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
I haven't attended a CES since 2006. If Apple is going to be there next year that might be a good incentive for me to go again, it's been a while. ;) Mind you, regardless of Apple's presence or lack thereof, it willl be interesting to see how large CES is next year what with cutbacks in general, the US recession and so forth.

inkling23

macrumors member
Oct 30, 2006
san francisco
Registered. Already.

I figured, why not: it's free and I'm local. The vibe was kind of sad this year, so I'm on the fence about actually going next year.

NewsAndHistory

macrumors newbie
Jan 14, 2009
Texas
Viacom (a.k.a. CNet, Version Tracker, Download.com) doesn't seems to update it's databases as much & as often as their competitors, like Softpedia.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.