Made up my mind and now what?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Makwak, Jan 11, 2014.

1. Makwak macrumors member

Ok so after some intensive research, reviews reading I decided to pick the new rmbp 13".

Initialy I thought I might go with the mid config, which is 2.4 i5, 8 ram, 256 storage @ $1499. However I could upgrade that to 2.6 i5 - is worth though?

As an alternative I could go fro the higher option with i5 2.6, 8 ram and 512 storage @ $1799. Which sort of makes sense for a nicer storage, but again the price is getting closer to the rmbp 15".

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Then you haven't made up your mind. First, look at it from the budget front. How much have you planned on spending? Then, look for the long term investment return. How long are you going to use this machine for?

3. Makwak thread starter macrumors member

My initial intention was to spend between 1499-1699. Then I started looking at refurbishe early 2013 rmbp 15" and was ready to go up to 1899.

But the common sense kicked in and I decided to go for new abd retina. This is my first rmbp and Im just not sure if I will like the size of the workspace.

So if I dont ill sell it after a month. Thats why I want to pick right one that will sell quckly.

4. tillsbury macrumors 65816

If you buy from an apple store you can return it within a month, can't you? Or is that 14 days?

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Try it out at an apple store to see if the size will work, Apple does have a return period, you should be able to discern whether it fits your needs within that period and finally.

The only difference AFAIK between the mid level and the high level rMBP is that you get a 512GB SSD. Do you need that much space nor or in the foreseeable future?

you failed to state how this computer will be used, i.e., massive photoshop editing, or just surfing and office docs. Depending on your needs will dictate which model best fits your needs

6. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

And, what are you projected usage scenarios? Are you doing just plain web browsing, video, pictures?

7. Makwak thread starter macrumors member

In short daily web stuff, some photos and videos (family) in premiere pro - just because im used to. Occasional gaming - world of warcraft but it might as well never happen, though good to have that option.