Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bewogenkuikentje

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 20, 2020
Hi, first time posting here.
I received my second magic keyboard almost 2 weeks ago as my first one was not working properly. But now i have discovered that there is a metal like silver line on the side of my caps lock key, is not that visible under a natural light but with lights on you can clearly see it. Maybe i’m being picky but does anyone else has this too?

Last edited:

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
I don’t see anything. And yes, you are being way too picky. Over time, the keys will get wear on them. As long as the keyboard is working properly, don’t get obsessed over a tool. It’s not a work of art. A small line isn’t showing in pictures, even when magnified, does not impede the proper use and response of the keyboard.

Bewogenkuikentje

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 20, 2020
Are you seeing the metal bar from behind the key possibly? Look at the xray below:

Edit: Actually I'm not sure if the caps lock key has a metal bar, maybe only the shift keys on either side.

Thanks for the link, now i do think is the metal bar behind the key as my keyboard is the Dutch version where the caps lock key is just as big as the shift key in the US version.

Reactions: 708692
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.