Magic Mouse on windows.

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by RKilbane20, Nov 24, 2009.

1. RKilbane20 macrumors 6502a

I'm thinking of getting the magic mouse now that drivers have come out for windows. I no the 2 finger swip doesn't work but I want to know if the scrolling is the same as it would be on a mac with the momentum scrolling. If anybody as tested this on bootcamp or straight PC please tell me.

2. RKilbane20 thread starter macrumors 6502a

yeah i was reading those and all they are arguing about is gay people.

3. skorpien macrumors 68020

Magic Mouse on Bootcamped XP works for me, even before they released the drivers. Had to pair the mouse manually, but it worked minus the scroll feature. Have to try it tonight to see if one finger scroll is working after the release of the Windows drivers.

4. RKilbane20 thread starter macrumors 6502a

If you can check how the scrolling works and gets back to me that would be great.

5. skorpien macrumors 68020

Unfortunately it seems I can't. I'm running 10.6, and according to Apple's support article, scrolling only works if you're running 10.5 with Boot Camp 2.2. Snow Leopard comes with BC 3.0 and scrolling is only supported on the late iMacs for 3.0 :(... Any people who upgraded from 10.5 are SOL.

There is a hack to get it working on Windows using the Magic Mouse 1.0 for Windows update that Apple released, but I haven't tried that nor am I willing to. As I mostly use OS X, I have no need for this and will just wait for Apple to release an update to BC 3.0 for the Magic Mouse. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Regardless, I'm thinking that only vertical scrolling works. And I highly doubt Apple would implement momentum scrolling for their Windows drivers. If anybody else knows otherwise, please feel free to correct me. This is all speculation as I have no machines running 10.5 to test on.

6. George Carlin macrumors regular

George Carlin

7. RKilbane20 thread starter macrumors 6502a

does the scrolling have momentum or once you stop scrolling it stops?

8. SPNarwhal macrumors 65816

SPNarwhal

depends on your settings. you can turn momentum on/off.

9. RKilbane20 thread starter macrumors 6502a

on windows?

10. SPNarwhal macrumors 65816

SPNarwhal

oh, right.
    well then on windows there would be no momentum if there's no momentum originally, i don't think windows even has that feature. does it?

it would work the same as a scroller.

11. JTK28 macrumors member