Magic Mouse Question

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by -LikesMac-, Jul 6, 2013.

1. -LikesMac- macrumors 6502

I was thinking about getting a Magic Mouse for my Macbook Pro. However, I thought of this question: "Is the Magic Mouse likely to get updated anytime soon?"

What do you guys think? :D

2. Bear macrumors G3

It's not likely to get updated soon, but you never know.

3. Micky Do macrumors 68000

Micky Do

What's to update about the Magic Mouse?

Cordless recharging, maybe. Can't think what else.

4. -LikesMac- thread starter macrumors 6502

They could add a scroll wheel…:p I kid, I kid.

I considered the question because the Magic Mouse is in its fourth year; Apple's Mighty Mouse existed for four years before it was superseded by the Magic Mouse.

5. Dalton63841 macrumors 65816

Dalton63841

6. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

I don't think there will be any significant functionality changes. If you need a mouse, I would just go ahead and get one. I have both the the Magic Mouse and Trackpad. I switch between them depending on how I feel and what I'm doing, but if I'm using any external device, it's usually the Magic Trackpad.

I hate to say it ('cause I would hate to see it go), but they might just discontinue the mouse. My reasoning is the increasing use of gestures in OS X. Just my own thought, mind you.

7. -LikesMac- thread starter macrumors 6502

That would be unfortunate if they discontinued the mouse. :eek:

8. ceezy macrumors member

I love my mm but the d*** thing won't work on my bed now!
    Got a new duvet and I think that is the problem...I love the trackpad on my mbp but my arms get tired using it all the time :D Really wish I could get the thing to work (well work as it should, it just doesn't pick up well on the bed now)

9. heimbachae macrumors regular

heimbachae

if you want a mouse for mouse sakes buy it. I've tried gaming with it and while I can't recommend using it solely for that it is possible to use.

10. Micky Do macrumors 68000

Micky Do

Good idea - I had heard of it, but have not seen it available in a shop around these parts. If I did I would snap one up as it would overcome the only impediment to me going over to the Magic Mouse. For now I'll stick with my basic model wired Logitech.

Yeah, yeah, I could order one on line..... If I had a credit card, and if I could be bothered dealing with Thai Customs and coughing up whatever duty they decide to levy on it.

Can't see the mouse being discontinued; it is the preference of many, which I can't see that changing any time soon.