Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

djsound

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 4, 2006
It looks nice but. It sucks.

1 - To much contact surface area sitting on those two bar things under it...it doesn't slide easily.

2 - The click is to loud.

3 - Heavy.

That's all. :D

mojolicious

macrumors 68000
Mar 18, 2014
Sarf London
I took possession of my first Magic Mouse yesterday, and I'm very glad I paid next-to-nothing for it. The scrolling is indeed magic but the mouse basically refuses to move, regardless of the surface it's placed on. Which is quite a fundamental flaw for a mouse, really.

yukyuklee

macrumors 6502
Jan 4, 2011
Boston, MA
lol the magic trackpad is the best! if you are looking for a good mouse go for logitech. the magic mouse has a nice concept of using the gestures but other than that the mouse it crap

mojolicious

macrumors 68000
Mar 18, 2014
Sarf London
the magic mouse has a nice concept of using the gestures but other than that the mouse it crap
Yeah, it's a shame. The scrolling is absolutely beautiful, but – ignoring the fact that the glides on the bottom seem designed to make it immovable – the shape feels all wrong in the hand.

Have ordered some gaming glides to see if that improves the movement, but in the meantime I'm using my trusty MS Wireless Mobile Mouse 3500: nasty/noisy/notchy scrolling, but it handles like a dream.

I suspect I'm going to dislike any 2x AA battery mouse, which seems to be most of them these days.

djsound

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 4, 2006
ya the batteries just make it heavier....its a huge fail. =) I am actually using a old school MS mouse (I hate to say) and its super smooth , quiet and light. =) Ugly but it works perfect.

yukyuklee

macrumors 6502
Jan 4, 2011
Boston, MA
Yeah, it's a shame. The scrolling is absolutely beautiful, but – ignoring the fact that the glides on the bottom seem designed to make it immovable – the shape feels all wrong in the hand.

Have ordered some gaming glides to see if that improves the movement, but in the meantime I'm using my trusty MS Wireless Mobile Mouse 3500: nasty/noisy/notchy scrolling, but it handles like a dream.

I suspect I'm going to dislike any 2x AA battery mouse, which seems to be most of them these days.

I've tried using teflon tape with a icemat the mouse still sucks... doesn't improve the movement at all. I'm using the Logitech Anywhere Mouse and the trackpad

rrl

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2009
Time for an upgrade:

cougar700M.png

thedeske

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2013
Apple keys and mice/mouse/magik mystic whatever always suck.
Why is this news?

OK - Apple Extended Keyboard II was Epic, but that was the early 90s ;)

PatrickVogeli

macrumors newbie
May 4, 2014
Karlsruhe (Germany)
It seems I'm the only one that likes his magic mouse?? I have no trouble moving it, guess I'm lucky.

I also love the keyboard, though I've been using laptops for years now and got used to not using a keypad / having a "smaller" keyboard.

Reactions: YaBe and Ifti

bwsteg

macrumors 6502
Sep 25, 2012
Queens NY
I have issues with the magic mouse in the sense that after I wake the imac from sleeping, the scrolling no longer works until I restart the imac. Anyone have any solutions? Thanks

bwsteg

macrumors 6502
Sep 25, 2012
Queens NY
I think I found a solution.

The issues seems to be when the computer goes to sleep and the hard drive shuts off after sometime, it loses bluetooth connection. I disabled that option and it seems to be working now...

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
It seems I'm the only one that likes his magic mouse?? I have no trouble moving it, guess I'm lucky.

I also love the keyboard, though I've been using laptops for years now and got used to not using a keypad / having a "smaller" keyboard.

No. I also like it a lot although I'll admit its not the best for gaming.

Much better then the my Logitech K400r trackpad. I use that when Airplaying in the living room because its got decent range and it cheap enough to be disposable if I were to drop it and break it.

JoelBC

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2012
You have to give the magic mouse some time...

When I first bought my MBA I also bought a magic mouse and returned it within two days for all the reasons listed above.

When I got a magic mouse as a gift I decided to try it a second time only this time I used it for a week straight and now really like it...I have used many mice over the years -- some very costly -- but can honestly say that the magic mouse, on my MBA, is my favourite.

talmy

macrumors 601
Oct 26, 2009
Oregon
Because recent Macs are designed for touch pads, not mice.

The majority of recent Macs have built-in touch pads, of course. But they are still designed for, and work fine with mice, and IMHO actually work best with the Magic Mouse over others (I don't game -- I think that makes a difference).

I tried out a Magic Trackpad in the Apple Store on a 27" iMac and found it too difficult to do fine control because it was too small for the screen resolution. The Magic Mouse does much better and still has some gesture support. It's quite nice combined with BetterTouchTool.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.