Magic Mouse?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by mszpara, Jun 22, 2012.

1. mszpara macrumors regular

...I hear mixed things. Would anyone here actually recommend one?

2. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

I've been using mine since launch day. 32 months later and still going strong. Haven't had trouble with it and use it daily. I would definitely recommend.

3. applefan289 macrumors 68000

Same here. I've been using it for almost 3 years and it's been reliable. Battery life is alright if you use regular batteries. I use the Apple rechargeable batteries, and I have to replace them every 2-3 weeks. But when I used to use regular batteries, it would usually be over a month before the batteries are low on charge.

4. awhitmer83 macrumors newbie

awhitmer83

I got one with my iMac last summer. Liked it so much I bought a second one to use with my MBP (I love the trackpad, but not when I'm doing something in Illustrator or Photoshop).

I usually turn mine off when I go to bed at night. Other than that, it's on all day every day and I get about 4-6 weeks out of a set of batteries. It does disconnect periodically - maybe once a month, but a power toggle and click brings it back every time.

5. rever3nce macrumors 6502a

rever3nce

Love my apple magic mouse. Use it on my iMac and MBP. Great design

6. NMF macrumors 6502a

NMF

I absolutely loathe it. My wife has one and I can't use it for more than a few minutes without getting really angry. It's just a terribly designed product. The old Mighty Mouse was excellent and felt great to use; Apple could have just added a touch surface to that and all would have been well. The Magic Mouse doesn't fit your hand and is just weird.

Magic Trackpad though? Best thing ever.

7. DOUGHNUT macrumors regular

Took a short while to get used to it, but it's fine. Not the most ergonomic mouse in the world, but haven't given me any issues after more than a year of use.

Try Eneloop rechargeable batteries from Sanyo. Way cheaper and lasts me a good month or two on single charge. I've heard the Apple rechargeable batteries are just relabeled eneloops.

8. colshine macrumors regular

colshine

I use both the trackpad and magic mouse. Trackpad is great for the gestures and magic mouse when I want to be more precise with my movements. I would always suggest trying one in store before purchasing as it might not be for everyone.

9. wrinkster22 macrumors 68030

wrinkster22

+1

I use eneloops (I got them a good 4 years ago) and they are still going strong. My apple mouse goes like 2 months with them.

10. aristobrat macrumors G4

Love mine, especially how there's no mechanical scrolling ball to get gunked up, like with the previous Mighty Mouse.

When I switched from the Mighty Mouse to the Magic Mouse, it took a few days to get used to it, but now I absolutely love it. Couldn't live without the gestures.

Attached Files:

11. harrisonw1998 macrumors regular

I would recommend it to anyone. It is different at first, but very nice to use in the end. Must buy!

12. Ddyracer macrumors 68000

Ddyracer

I tend to dislike apple's peripherals. Any logitech, Razer is much better. Apple's trackpad is great though. They actually put effort into it. For browsing, it's a winner.

13. XFactorer macrumors regular

I have a Mighty Mouse right now. I'm looking to switch to the Magic Mouse. Do you know if it's possible to hold down the "right button" and still click with the "left button"? (I put them in quotations because I know the Mighty Mouse is only one-giant button, incapable of clicking while holding down another button. And I ask this because in Max Payne 3, you need to hold down the right mouse button to aim and shoot with the left mouse button.)