Magsafe light goes dim?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Jongewehr, Jun 9, 2009.

1. Jongewehr macrumors 6502

hey guys , i noticed last night that the Green Magsafe light was dim.

i bumped it an it went to bright green again, did that 2 times.
    the mac is about 2 months. ( including the magsafe power brick)

is this anything to be concerned about.
    is the light just going out or could there be a fire issue with bad wires or something?:apple:

2. Nate025 macrumors regular

had this happen to me

Hey there, I just had a similar issue with my own magsafe adapter: The light initially started going dim in both the 'charging' and 'charged' states. As it progressed, the light consistently flickered on/off seemingly at random, also reacting to a bump, nudge, or being positioned at improper angles.

For me it turned out there was a short in the wire, right at the base of the cradle, which connects to the Macbook.

Take it in to a nearby Apple store to have it evaluated, as "the sooner the better" in these cases. I was given a brand new magsafe adapter, replacing the dysfunctional part, free of charge.

You can make a Genius-bar appointment here: http://www.apple.com/retail/geniusbar/

3. Jongewehr thread starter macrumors 6502

ok thanks, do i have to make a appotiment to the genius bar? im not sure when ill be goin to the mall or if i could make it the day i set it up. can i just walk in?

4. gnasher729 macrumors P6

gnasher729

You can walk in if it is a quiet day and you want to take your chances. Everyone with an appointment will be served first, so making an appointment is definitely a lot lot better.

5. Jongewehr thread starter macrumors 6502

if i cant get it to go dim will they still give me a new one?

6. Sweetfeld28 macrumors 65816

Sweetfeld28

I had a similar situation. but by charger led light was completely out, turned out i had a bad charging port on my MBP. Apple replaced the motherboard, and now its ok.