Mail Alert Stutter?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by JG54, Sep 22, 2014.

1. JG54 macrumors newbie

Has anyone noticed that the new mail alert in iOS 8 stutters? When I get e-mails, it almost sounds like I'm getting TWO e-mails and the phone actually vibrates twice quickly instead of just once. On my lock screen, it only shows the one e-mail coming in, so it's not like the message is being delivered to two of my e-mail accounts at the same time.

I have an iPhone 6 Plus. Not sure if the vibration being so long is causing a "stutter," or if this is a bug. Has anyone else had this problem?

2. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

3. timize macrumors regular

timize

Yes! I've been getting this on my iPhone 6 Plus.

4. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

I have same problem with my iPhone 5S too running iOS 8. I am glad I am not the only one. :apple:

5. JG54 thread starter macrumors newbie

I just went into my sound settings and changed the New Mail sound to something else, hit back, went back in and changed it back to "Ding" and it appears to be okay now. I sent a few test emails to myself both with the screen on and off and locked- no more stutter! Hopefully this sticks!

6. grouch macrumors member

grouch

switching to a different tone, letting one go off, then switching back worked for me.

weird.

7. DarkAnnie macrumors member

DarkAnnie

Same happening here, 5s. It sounds like I am getting two e-mails at the same time, however it's only one. Going to try and switch up the sound to see if it stops.

8. bmms8, Sep 23, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2014

bmms8 macrumors 68020

Same happening here on my 6 plus and it was like this on my 5s gm. I will try this method to change and change it back, thanks

Edit: It worked for me!

9. BrettDS macrumors 65816

I thought this was just me. I've been seeing this as well and it's been driving me crazy. I tried switching the vibration, then switching it back, but not switching the tone. I'll try that and see how it goes.