Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Browno01

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 17, 2012
Anybody else experiencing instant emails? No delay or 15 minute sync since 11.2?

luismedina

macrumors member
Aug 31, 2017
Monterrey, Mexico
There is an option under the sync settings in iOS 11 to allow it to be automatic when the phone is connected to a WiFi network and charging, the phone will get the emails like when "push" is enabled for Exchange, but only under this parameters, although sometimes I been receiving emails automatically even when the phone is not connected to the charger

Reactions: NoBoMac

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
There is an option under the sync settings in iOS 11 to allow it to be automatic when the phone is connected to a WiFi network and charging, the phone will get the emails like when "push" is enabled for Exchange, but only under this parameters, although sometimes I been receiving emails automatically even when the phone is not connected to the charger
Can you post where those settings you mentioned are located? Couldn't find them in Mail or Accounts.

luismedina

macrumors member
Aug 31, 2017
Monterrey, Mexico
Can you post where those settings you mentioned are located? Couldn't find them in Mail or Accounts.

Settings -> Accounts and passwords -> Fetch new data

Make sure your Gmail account schedule is set to "Fetch"

At the bottom of the screen, under "Fetch" select "Automatically" instead of Every X minutes or Manually. When you select Automatically you will see a legend that reads as follows: "Your iPhone will fetch new data in the background only when on power and Wi-Fi."

That's it, hope this helps

Reactions: gwhizkids

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
Settings -> Accounts and passwords -> Fetch new data

Make sure your Gmail account schedule is set to "Fetch"

At the bottom of the screen, under "Fetch" select "Automatically" instead of Every X minutes or Manually. When you select Automatically you will see a legend that reads as follows: "Your iPhone will fetch new data in the background only when on power and Wi-Fi."

That's it, hope this helps
Thank you! Found it. The kicker for me is having to have it on power to have this work. Wi-fi, no issue. But most of the day I do not have the phone plugged in.

KrisLord

macrumors 68000
Sep 12, 2008
Northumberland, UK
I don’t think it works like push.... how would it know when an email was received without exchange support? It could be a more frequent pull, but that’s all.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.