Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

derek13

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 22, 2009
Waterloo, Ontario
Is there currently a problem with the server?

I'm not receiving notifications any longer, and I tried to "verify" my account and I receive the message "Connection Failed: The application failed to verify the account. Please ensure that you have data connectivity."

My iPhone connection to the internet (3G or wifi) is fine.

My colleague is having a look at this and will get this resolved ASAP.

derek13

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 22, 2009
Waterloo, Ontario
Is there currently a problem with the server?

I'm not receiving notifications any longer, and I tried to "verify" my account and I receive the message "Connection Failed: The application failed to verify the account. Please ensure that you have data connectivity."

My iPhone connection to the internet (3G or wifi) is fine.

The problem should be solved now. Just re-verify/save the account and you should be good to go.

nextreme

macrumors newbie
Dec 8, 2009
I just purchased this app today and it seems to work well with my GMail accounts but is causing a major issue with my POP accounts.

I am in Canada and use Rogers as my ISP. Whenever I add one of my Rogers accounts, my iPhone can no longer retrieve any e-mail from that account, and neither can my Mac. It is like your server is pounding my Rogers account and it cannot respond to my login attempts. As soon as I remove the Rogers account from Mail Notifier I can access my e-mail.

derek13

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 22, 2009
Waterloo, Ontario
I just purchased this app today and it seems to work well with my GMail accounts but is causing a major issue with my POP accounts.

I am in Canada and use Rogers as my ISP. Whenever I add one of my Rogers accounts, my iPhone can no longer retrieve any e-mail from that account, and neither can my Mac. It is like your server is pounding my Rogers account and it cannot respond to my login attempts. As soon as I remove the Rogers account from Mail Notifier I can access my e-mail.

I'll pass this on to my colleague to look at.

jon8

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2009

Are you able to set it up as IMAP instead?

This is an issue with POP servers that is difficult to overcome, and is the reason we don't specify that we officially support pop accounts. I have reduced the load on the pop server, so it may resolve the issues you are having.

nextreme

macrumors newbie
Dec 8, 2009

This is an issue with POP servers that is difficult to overcome, and is the reason we don't specify that we officially support pop accounts. I have reduced the load on the pop server, so it may resolve the issues you are having.

No I don't think there is a way to use IMAP from a Rogers account.

nextreme

macrumors newbie
Dec 8, 2009

Yeah, I cannot find a way to use IMAP with Rogers. I have tried it again with POP and I still have the same problem.

nizarghosn

macrumors newbie
Nov 7, 2007
Lebanon
I am here to answer any questions you have about the app. :)[/QUOTE]

dear derek .. i have the app. and i want to push my gmail account .. i have made all the required settings for gmail .. but nothing happen , no pushed email has appeared .. n.b. i have download the push fix from cydia also .. any ideas ..thank you

Vandam500

macrumors 68000
Sep 29, 2008
I am here to answer any questions you have about the app. :)

dear derek .. i have the app. and i want to push my gmail account .. i have made all the required settings for gmail .. but nothing happen , no pushed email has appeared .. n.b. i have download the push fix from cydia also .. any ideas ..thank you[/QUOTE]

Look. If you are hactivated and expect for push notifications to work then don't. That's the problem, I still haven't heard/read of a fix for people that have their iPhone's hactivated (Unofficially unlocked iPhone) and have push notification working.

derek13

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 22, 2009
Waterloo, Ontario
dear derek .. i have the app. and i want to push my gmail account .. i have made all the required settings for gmail .. but nothing happen , no pushed email has appeared .. n.b. i have download the push fix from cydia also .. any ideas ..thank you

There is thread here about getting push to work on a hacktivated iPhone:
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/739362/

I personally have never done it so I am not 100% sure what the process involves.

nextreme

macrumors newbie
Dec 8, 2009

Ok, so I was trying out another app, IM+ Lite, for chat and such. I noticed it supports push notifications for Yahoo! e-mail accounts, which Rogers actually is. For the heck of it I added my 3 Rogers/Yahoo accounts. What do you know but wham, every single e-mail that comes in gets a push notification. It doesn't cause any problem with my e-mail access from my desktop.

The iPhone is supposed to natively support push for Yahoo, but it never works. I don't know what the developers for this other app have done but it works.

So I don't know if you could add Yahoo! support, instead of full POP support to your app?

Thanks

jon8

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2009
OK, thank you. It did come back up, but this morning it's not working again ... I can verify my account, but I am not receiving new mail notifications.

We apologize, we had another outage. It should be back up again now.

orpheus1120

macrumors 65816
Jan 23, 2008
Malaysia
I'm having issues with my gmail accounts all of a sudden. AOL accounts are ok. I'm basically receiving popups saying my gmail credentials are invalid eventhough they are correct. Like I said it just happen all of a sudden. Seems like there's a fault somewhere with gmail accounts perhaps?

Is anyone else experiencing the same problem?

Derek are you aware of this problem?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.