Major Differences Between Early 2008 White 13" MB and 2010 13" MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Indy500fan1977, Dec 16, 2010.

1. Indy500fan1977 macrumors newbie

I was wondering if anyone could give me some technical differences between the early 2008 13" MB and a new 13" MBP. I know that they both have an Intel 2.4 GHz, but are they the same processor? I also know that the 2008 uses DDR2 RAM and the MBP is DDR3. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated as I am in need of a new laptop and I like the small footprint, but need something more powerful than the MBA.

2. JKK photography macrumors regular

JKK photography

The biggest difference is probably going to be the GPU. The one in the current MBP will be leaps and bounds better than what is in the '08 MB. And that makes a big difference in video/games/etc.

3. Saturdays macrumors member

Saturdays

Much better GPU
    Much better Battery Life
    Back Lit Keyboard
    DDR3 memory is a big plus and it seems you did your homework there!
    You ARE looking at a similar CPU so can't really say that improved much other than from being coupled with a better logic board.
    LED screen is a plus as well

4. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

You can certainly feel the difference between both computers despite their similar specs. However, since you have a computer that would last you much longer, I would wait for the updates. The latest they'll come is in July 2011 and your Mac should have no problems until then.

If you need it now though, then get it. Its wont be amazingly faster, however, it will be smoother ... if you know what I mean.

5. Saturdays macrumors member

Saturdays

6. simsaladimbamba