Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iPowers

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 23, 2006
Arizona
So when I tried upgrading to iTunes 11, I didn't like it at all. I did notice tutorials to make it look and feel like iTunes 10, but the thing that really bugged me about the layout was the search.

In iTunes 10, when you typed something, the list of songs would narrow down to what you were searching for, but in iTunes 11, the search would show as a dropdown on the side.

Is there any way you can adjust this so the search function works like iTunes 10? If there's extreme measures to do so, i'm willing to try them out if it comes down to it.

tkermit

macrumors 68040
Feb 20, 2004
You need to uncheck the option to "Search Entire Library" (or press the Enter key at the end of your search query).

Attachments

• c.png
    c.png
    38.2 KB · Views: 201

iPowers

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 23, 2006
Arizona
You need to uncheck the option to "Search Entire Library" (or press the Enter key at the end of your search query).

And by doing that, the list of songs will just narrow itself down like the original itunes did?

gnasher729

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005
Thank heaps! This was my only gripe with iTunes 11, and all it took was pressing Enter!

That was _your only gripe_? I have so far sent about nine bug reports to Apple, for what I consider inexcusable bug in iTunes 11.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.