Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MagnumOP

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 5, 2010
Very nice! I'm impressed. I wouldn't have put velcro on the iPad itself but certainly an improvement from round 2. What's in store for the next revision?

Edit: Just noticed it's on a case. My bad.

I think it will be a while before I do another one. It took me forever to settle on the style for this one, haha.

Zodiak

macrumors regular
Jun 9, 2010
Gatineau, Qc, Canada
here is the final design.

Garnet and Gold in honor of my noles' sweet 16 trip.

Excuse the messy screen.

Have you thought about a pocket for paper documents on the inside with possibly slots for business cards? I think it would also be cool if it had magnets like the smartcover to keep it closed and possibly wake it :)

What is the overall weight of your case and the additional weight that it adds? Now that you have designed and created your first one, have you thought about making a few for people for money? :)

MagnumOP

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 5, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

There is a magnet that will do the sleep wake function. maybe next time I will try to replicate a smart cover.

I hadn't really thought about pockets. I have an app that digitizes business cards so I never take physical cards. Just photos.

I haven't had a chance to weigh it, but I can tell you the dimensions.

10 x 7.75 x 0.6 inches

It is a good size and adds substantial protection.

MagnumOP

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 5, 2010
Now that you have designed and created your first one, have you thought about making a few for people for money? :)

Any one who sees the case asks me if I am going to sell any... I dont think so. I am not sure I have the time or tools to produce very many of these things. For now it will just stay a hobby.

I do have an incredible idea for a case though...but I'm not sure I could produce it.

phant0m

macrumors newbie
Mar 23, 2011
Any one who sees the case asks me if I am going to sell any... I dont think so. I am not sure I have the time or tools to produce very many of these things. For now it will just stay a hobby.

I do have an incredible idea for a case though...but I'm not sure I could produce it.

Oh man! Don't leave us hanging like that!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.