Malicious android code disguised as images

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by PinkyMacGodess, Oct 22, 2014.

1. PinkyMacGodess macrumors 601

PinkyMacGodess

Not meaning to start a war, but this is funny. It's yet another reason I'm glad I have an iPhone.

My early days with a 'Windows Phone' cured me of ever wanting a device that didn't work all of the time. It is only a matter of time before someone comes up with a zero-day that hits iOS, but until that time, I'm happy...

Malicious android code disguised as images

2. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

My son started with an Android device and had many issues leading to an iPhone transistion.

3. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

Wow.

However I feel if this about something that hit Apple it would be exploded all over the Internet by now.

4. D.T., Oct 22, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2014

D.T. macrumors G3

D.T.

BoA has some double billing issues, some charges originated through Apple Pay, but it has _zero_ to do with Apple ... front page news (i.e., “Click Bait”).

This flies under the radar, but is a critical security issue (and will continue to be).

Nice.

5. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

I'm sure this could get patched up within the web browsers themselves though. I think a lot of people don't use the basic browsers and prefer stuff like Firefox, Opera, Chrome, and Dolphin. The pre-installed ones aren't that great.