Man...steve seemed upset yesterday.....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by palmerc2, Jul 17, 2010.

1. palmerc2 macrumors 65816

palmerc2

In that vid uploaded on Apple's website, he just seemed upset.

I don't blame him though. With so many people making this seem like this is the biggest problem in the entire universe. War, death, disease and poverty....nope, doesn't compare to their iPhone 4's having a common problem with other smart phones. Hell, if I were him I would probably be that upset as well. Having so many people email him daily telling him what a piece of ***** his phone is. He's probably gonna get a heart attack or something from all the stress!

Cut a little, guys......

2. chembox macrumors 6502a

Lately he has been very full of himself, boasting that it was a non-issue.

3. PUCCY macrumors regular

Serves him right. He was aware of the problem and yet he went ahead with it. It's not a shocker.

P.S. he looks like sphynx cat which I find very charming. makes me wanna nibble his tenders if you know what I mean. ;)

meow!!

4. Bobby Corwen macrumors 68030

Shame on everyone who took joy out of this fiasco.

The man is geniune when he says he wants to please his customers and there was a lot of shocking sincerity in his presentation. I hope some of you feel bad now. Everything he said was logical and honest and I feel like "ya'l forced him into this with all the web hate which is obviously a manifestation of jealousy and cynicism.

After I saw it, it made me sad.

5. CD3660 macrumors 68040

CD3660

Indeed. What is it they say? Pride comes before a fall.

A little less hubris might do Apple some good.

6. palmerc2 thread starter macrumors 65816

palmerc2

Yeah, especially when he said something like "fine, you can get free bumpers"

He just wants the whole fiasco to be over with.

7. WeegieMac Guest

WeegieMac

Steve looked humbled yesterday.

That is a word I would never think of when describing Jobs.

8. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

He's so thin! I thought that he looked like a 4 legged spider.

9. nikhsub1 macrumors 68000

nikhsub1

In the Q & A after the video he stated that he left his vacation in Hawaii to come back for this, yeah he's pissed... At the same time, I think this issue is not over yet... perhaps Apple spent the last 22 days building that 100 million dollar test chamber?

10. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

Is there any video of this q and a?

11. harry20larry macrumors 6502a

harry20larry

Although I didn't quite like the way he said "ok, fine then, we'll give everyone free cases". I do think I am extremely lucky to buy products from a company where the CEO will stand on stage and put his head on the line and answer to the press for an issue that isn't significant in normal usage what so ever. No other company has a CEO that does that, period.

12. reservedegotist macrumors regular

Well, ask yourself honestly, on a practical standpoint is it really that troublesome to hold your phone a little differently or get a case?

On the other hand it is quite annoying that it took this much of a crapstorm before they finally admit the hypersensitivity of the antenna.

13. Aadhil macrumors regular

Lol I think it's more of an issue with knuckleheads not understanding English properly.

Let me explain it to you again. The antenna issue is universal and all phones have it to varying degrees. No one's found the solution yet so till someone actually figures it out, avoid touching the area that makes the signal decrease.

If you feel insulted by the facts then you should not use technology cause you'll end up feeling insulted when manufacturers people tell you technology isn't perfect.

14. Aadhil macrumors regular

Finally admit? They've reported from day one that there is a problem with the bars not registering properly and there will be a fix in the next update.

15. PUCCY macrumors regular

i still wanna nibble his tenders.

[​IMG]

16. reservedegotist macrumors regular

I wasn't talking about bar signal display.

17. Aadhil macrumors regular

The bar signal display is directly connected to the hypersensitivity of the antenna.

18. KratosKilla macrumors regular

You should not have to worry about this. It is an issue. A phone should not have this bad of reception issues. Telling someone to hold it differently than is comfortable takes away a lot of what makes the iPhone great. This BS about holding it differently is apologist garbage. You make the product, you make the money, you must satisfy the customers in what they ahve purchased. If you have satisfied the advertised uses and function of the device than you are liable. No excuses, no band aids.

19. chembox macrumors 6502a

As a left handed person, any time I hold the iPhone without a case, it affects the antenna. My iPhone seems to be more sensitive to attenuation than others, so I'm going to exchange it before my 30-day return window ends.

That was another issue. Apple purposely coded the bar display algorithm to display a higher signal than what it actually was. Take notice on how the 4.0.1 update does not solve the issue.

No it is not, the actual data rates are significantly reduced when gripping the phone.

20. CD3660 macrumors 68040

CD3660

Actually I don't expect to have to adapt the way I hold my phone or put a cheap ugly case on it for it to work reliably when it cost me £599 (approximately $920) to buy in the first place.

I am a huge Apple fan, but I am really unimpressed by this obvious design flaw, and even more so by Apple's supposedly generous offer to hand out free bumper cases that probably cost them less than $1 each to manufacture.

Apple are not shy about charging top dollar for their products, so they should not hesitate to put things right, properly.

In my view Apple should do no less than fix the hardware and then offer every iPhone 4 owner a new replacement unit free of charge.

21. wirelessmacuser macrumors 68000

wirelessmacuser

As long as he is being adored by his followers he's fine. The moment there's push back due to his condescending arrogance, he gets thin skinned and angry. It's typical of him. When you're the braggart CEO, you've got to be tough.

Cut him some slack? You've got to be joking.

22. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

I'm not that familiar with Steve Jobs' public image and people are certainly entitled to feel any way they want about him.

His enthusiasm in the keynote where he announced the iPhone 4 got me excited and anxious for the release, even though I hadn't planned on upgrading at the time. He was open, animated, and obviously thrilled. I've even gone back and watched it a few times.

Fast forward to the press conference. His body language was closed and he seemed bothered and impatient. It didn't help that he spent more time on the teleprompter than when giving the keynote. I would say he didn't have time to prepare, but if not that shows that the position they took was resisted and arrived to late in the game. I was uncomfortable listing to what sounded like each word being choosen by an attorney, as if they weren't his. The entire 15 minutes was an expansion on his original, "Hold it differently."

23. reservedegotist macrumors regular

I agree, there's a moral issue with having to change your habits to suit the phone (check out the iPad video for some irony on Apple's site). Absolutely no argument against that and I agree with everyone saying "I shouldn't have to do this!"

But PRACTICALLY, it's not difficult to change your habits a bit or to get a case (now that it's free!). But the left-handers...yeah, it is a huge pain in the ass.

Anyway I was merely mentioning that it's not difficult to circumvent the issue but I didn't say there was no issue. Keyword: Practical

24. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

[​IMG]

25. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

I agree. I had the same reaction. Maybe a bit frustrated as well.