Man the i5 refurbed MacBook I was about to order is gone.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by devilstrider, Sep 27, 2010.

1. devilstrider macrumors 6502a

It had the Hi Res anti-glare screen and all. Do you guys know how often these show up on the site?

2. mulo macrumors 68020

mulo

haha though luck man :(
    I'd say about twice a week, with glossy. You might have to wait a bit if you want AG.
    thats just my guess.

3. No1nfoProvided macrumors 6502

4. devilstrider thread starter macrumors 6502a

Man I wish I could but i can't afford it at the moment.

5. AdamRock macrumors 6502a

AdamRock

they come and go all the time, but now you know, as soon as you see it there BUY IT ;)

6. mefck macrumors member

I ordered the i5 17" anti-glare over the weekend if that is the one you were looking for. :p

7. devilstrider thread starter macrumors 6502a

Nah that was not it.

8. Nichod macrumors regular

It's pretty frequently updated from what I've seen. They come and go. Then more come in. Just keep an eye out for it and be prepared to buy.

9. farmermac macrumors 6502a

I ended up buying that configuration new since it was about same price with student iPod deal. Good luck.

10. Kernel Panicky macrumors newbie

Kernel Panicky

Are you looking for the elusive refurb 15" i5 2.4 GHz Hi-Res Anti-glare for $1649? If so, I picked one up about a week and a half ago and I know another member on here picked one up a couple days ago... It seems like they come up about once a week and get bought up/disappear within about an hour or two after they are posted. I was watching religiously for about the past month and that seems to be the pattern. It seems like you just need to catch it at the right time and be ready to buy as soon as you see it.

11. devilstrider thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah. It was up there for 2 days.

12. Epic800 macrumors newbie

13. devilstrider thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah man it vanished quick and it was a good deal.

14. Epic800 macrumors newbie

It definitely was, I am going to be on top of it next time though.

15. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Just like Wack-a-Mole, when you go to hit that mole for the top prize, it vanishes on ya.

All part of Apple's game.

16. Buck987 macrumors 6502a

that was the first time that config has been on the site...it may be a while until you see it again.

17. devilstrider thread starter macrumors 6502a

If that's the case then I'll just buy new.

18. Colonel-Panic macrumors newbie

That was not the first time it was up there... It was up AT LEAST 3 different times over the past week and a half (Have seen it with my own eyes). Just to give you perspective the comparably spec'd machine new is $300 more. $1949 vs. $1649. And if you do the memory and HDD upgrades yourself vs. BTO through Apple the difference can be up in the $650 - $680 range as it is in my case.

OP, if you are patient and check several times a day you will be able to score one. It's not as impossible as it seems.

19. devilstrider thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks. I'll give it a week.

20. Buck987 macrumors 6502a

I believe your mistaken...

anyhow...time will tell how long before its back up

21. Colonel-Panic macrumors newbie

I'm not mistaken, because the first time I'm speaking of was about a week and a half ago and I personally purchased one. The second time was several days later (I know because I was keeping an eye out for another member on this forum) and it was only up for about an hour or so and I alerted the guy on here I was trying to help but he ended up getting the IM from me too late. The third time was the just a couple of days ago when it was up overnight and then disappeared and the guy I was helping on here ordered one. So, like I said, I saw all these with my own eyes on Apple's refurb section. I'm confirming, not guessing.

I can give you the specific dates and times based off of my invoice from Apple and the IM's I sent the other member on this forum if you really need more confirmation...

Actually, I will anyway...

My invoice has an order date of Sept. 20th @ 10:51am mtn. time
    IM'd the other MR member the 1st time on Sept 22nd @ 4:30pm mtn. time
    IM'd the other MR member the 2nd time on Sept 26th @ 9:48am mtn. time

22. jclardy macrumors 68040

jclardy

I know for sure it was on there around a month ago. I know because I was deciding between it and the same config but with an i7. I decided on the i7.

23. Buck987 macrumors 6502a

Your right but so am I. They went on last monday morning when new stuff was added...along with the 1349 15" that lasted on site for about 4 hour and has not been back since.

The 1649 hi res AG stayed on and off all during the week...but it was part of the same cycle and their reappearance can depend on people ordering them and the order being rejected.

It was the first cycle they were on for an extended period. (larger numbers)

They may have been on before like the other poster says but not for an expanded period like this.

They were not back yesterday on the normal monday refresh. Like I said it may be a while.

24. devilstrider thread starter macrumors 6502a

So it refreshes one time per week.

25. Buck987 macrumors 6502a

no, more often...but more so for mac minis...laptops less often...but monday is often a big one...sometimes fridays also....

but those 1649 were all from the same batch......colonel-panic saw them all over 6 days...not a week and a half as he orignally stated...and they we all from the same batch placed on monday.

They are good buys at 1649, if can grab one do so...but it may be awhile.