Manage iPod without iTunes?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Uplift, Aug 27, 2016.

1. Uplift macrumors 6502

Hi guys,

I've just purchased a 5th gen iPod Classic for the car.. I'm tired of relying on iTunes Match/In The Cloud which is using all of my data fairly quickly, and don't have enough space to physically download much music.

The problem I have is I don't want to sync the iPod with my iTunes, it has a higher capacity than my phone and I want music on there that I don't want in iTunes.

Is there any [preferably free] software for mac that will allow me to transfer music to the iPod without any use of iTunes...?

I've Googled it first but there is lots - from sites like iSkySoft, my experience with these companies is not good.. i'm hoping somebody can recommend something?

Thanks

2. gnasher729 macrumors P6

gnasher729

If you want different music on your phone and your iPod, all you do is set up a playlist for songs you want on your phone, and one for songs you want on your iPod.

3. Uplift thread starter macrumors 6502

It's not that I want music on different devices. Not all of my music is in iTunes. I have some separate libraries that I don't want in iTunes so I need to find another way to transfer them to iPod.

4. Ulenspiegel macrumors 68030

Ulenspiegel

You may try SynciOS (free) or AnyTrans (free trial for 7 days is available).

5. Uplift thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the suggestions. AnyTrans said the trial had expired almost instantly so didn't get a chance to try it, i'm not willing to spend $39.99 on untested software.

SynciOS works but is missing off some of my Genres and playlists, some stuff is randomly listed even though ID3 tags are correct.

I've tried a few others without success so i'll be sticking with SyncIOS for now.

6. ChrisChaval macrumors regular

ChrisChaval

7. christhewriter macrumors newbie

christhewriter

8. ChrisChaval macrumors regular

ChrisChaval

Works great for me managing music libraries on iPod touch , shuffle and iPad

Should work with the classic too

9. tyche macrumors 6502

I use Foola and it's free. Nice thing is the program can be stored on the iPod so I can use it anywhere I am plugged into a computer.

10. headsh0t95 macrumors regular

Can't you just put an iPod classic into Disk Mode and copy all the music files over?
    Also see https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201544 for an how-to.