Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Dewdman42

macrumors 6502
Jul 25, 2008
Did you check your Displays prefpane and tried to move the green one around?
View attachment 1983490
yes of course. Mine does not look like yours and the iPad does not show up as a display because sidecar is not supported on the 5,1. I think you are conflating two different features. Using the iPad as another display is a different feature then universal control. Universal control allows us to use our mouse and keyboard to actually control the iOS desktop.

Screen Shot 2022-03-30 at 2.05.10 PM.jpg

Dewdman42

macrumors 6502
Jul 25, 2008
hmm futzing around I eventually go the display to show up so I can position it. Seems to be definitely a "beta" feature at this point, but still cool nonetheless

Dewdman42

macrumors 6502
Jul 25, 2008
For me it is fiddly as hell to get it to turn on and then it seems to deactivate easily. Flakey. Even apple is calling it beta fwiw

eVasilis

macrumors 6502
Jan 13, 2010
Hi all

Running OC 7.9 and MacOS 12.3, I've been getting frequent "Hash missmatch" messages upon booting. Has anyone noticed a similar behaviour? I reinstalled 12.3 over the existing installation but the messages persist.

Thanks!

Reactions: Stefano85

hwojtek

macrumors 68020
Jan 26, 2008
Poznan, Poland
yes of course. Mine does not look like yours and the iPad does not show up as a display because sidecar is not supported on the 5,1. I think you are conflating two different features. Using the iPad as another display is a different feature then universal control. Universal control allows us to use our mouse and keyboard to actually control the iOS desktop.
I am not. The display prefpane I attached shows my Macbook Air (green) and three displays of my Mac Pro during an Universal Control session. It has nothing to do with Sidecar, which is not the case here.

Not related to this thread, but the "green one" is related to your iPad wallpaper, which is green. I use the default wallpaper on both devices. :)

Yes, it's not even an iPad and I called it "green" (opposed to other screens, which BTW do not use the default wallpaper, it's just the way Displays show screens on other computers - only the local display is updated to match the actual wallpaper) just to make sure he moves the right one around.

Last edited:

Stefano85

macrumors newbie
Aug 5, 2020
Italy
Hi all

Running OC 7.9 and MacOS 12.3, I've been getting frequent "Hash missmatch" messages upon booting. Has anyone noticed a similar behaviour? I reinstalled 12.3 over the existing installation but the messages persist.

Thanks!
Hi all, same for me. never happened until today. 5 minutes ago the message appeared. OC 0.7.9 Monterey 12.3
any other feedbacks?
thank you
Schermata 2022-03-31 alle 17.24.53.png

karlsbaby1

macrumors newbie
Feb 2, 2022
As a first time Mac Rumor user I have installed Open Core 0.7.8 on a cMP 5,1 with 2 - 3.46 processors 128 GB of Ram, 4 2TB drives in the 4 bays and a Sonnet Nvme card with 2 2TB Samsung EV 970 SSD drives, Sapphire Pulse RX580 8gb and at present I am running High Sierra with the hope I an soon update to Big Sur. I am booting off of the SSD and am pleased with the speed bump up, the boot picker and screen and all drives as Internal ones. However, before i do update I would like to find out why after about an hour of not using the computer it goes in to a sleep situation which I can't get it to wake up fully. When I try to wake it up, the sleep screens go out, the desktop is then on view and after a couple of seconds everything freezes. The only way to proceed is to force the cMP to shutdown. Then I restart and all seems well. I would greatly appreciate any help in figuring out what is going on with this sleep mode. My Energy settings are set for no sleep for monitors or drives.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-03-25 at 5.05.31 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-03-25 at 5.05.31 PM.png
    33.1 KB · Views: 66
  • Screen Shot 2022-03-25 at 4.42.15 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-03-25 at 4.42.15 PM.png
    47.3 KB · Views: 69
  • Screen Shot 2022-03-22 at 2.26.34 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-03-22 at 2.26.34 PM.png
    843.2 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:

Matty_TypeR

macrumors 6502a
Oct 1, 2016
UK
As a first time Mac Rumor user I have installed Open Core 0.7.8 on a cMP 5,1 with 2 - 3.46 processors 128 GB of Ram, 4 2TB drives in the 4 bays and a Sonnet Nvme card with 2 2TB Samsung EV 970 SSD drives, Sapphire Pulse RX580 8gb and at present I am running High Sierra with the hope I an soon update to Big Sur. I am booting off of the SSD and am pleased with the speed bump up, the boot picker and screen and all drives as Internal ones. However, before i do update I would like to find out why after about an hour of not using the computer it goes in to a sleep situation which I can't get it to wake up fully. When I try to wake it up, the sleep screens go out, the desktop is then on view and after a couple of seconds everything freezes. The only way to proceed is to force the cMP to shutdown. Then I restart and all seems well. I would greatly appreciate any help in figuring out what is going on with this sleep mode. My Energy settings are set for no sleep for monitors or drives.
Thats a very strange boot rom you have there, the latest boot rom for Mac pro 5.1 is 144.0.0.0.0 maybe something to do with your sleep issues.

Reactions: Riot Nrrrd

PeterHolbrook

macrumors 68000
Sep 23, 2009
Currently running a long process on my cMP, so I can't test for myself right now. Has anyone updated to Monterey 12.3.1 yet?

Charmandrigo

macrumors member
Jul 3, 2018
anyone having update issues? 12.3.1 keeps failing, loads to half progress bar before getting there stuck, have to manually reboot and then it goes back to 12.3

TECK

macrumors 65816
Nov 18, 2011
I don't think that AGPM-Override (not to be confused with ASPP-Override) is necessary in general.
I agree. And we also need to make sure people use the config.plist you provided, not some OCLP generated one.

Reactions: prefuse07

6DecadesLater

macrumors regular
Jun 5, 2020
Northern California
anyone having update issues? 12.3.1 keeps failing, loads to half progress bar before getting there stuck, have to manually reboot and then it goes back to 12.3
I just upgraded to 12.3.1. It wasn't as smooth as I would have liked but in the end worked. It choked on first reboot (circle slash) but hard rebooted and it went through the update with two more reboots it initiated. Seems to be ok now and shows 12.3.1.

Update: Boot chime was gone but was just that the update set sound settings to mute for some reason. The Monterey backsplash present at login disappeared after update - now just a black background. Can live with that. No major problems evident at present.

Last edited:

PeterHolbrook

macrumors 68000
Sep 23, 2009
How are you going to enforce this statement?
I'm assuming he means that people who come here from the OCLP camp or the like, with extraneous parameters in their config.plist, should simply be reminded that this thread is not devoted to OCLP or the like and, therefore, questions about such parameters should be addressed to the relevant thread or to another forum.

Reactions: prefuse07 and paalb

Steve_Jones

macrumors member
Jan 26, 2019
Hi all, same for me. never happened until today. 5 minutes ago the message appeared. OC 0.7.9 Monterey 12.3
any other feedbacks?
thank you
Same issue here. MacOS is reporting that disk5s2 has a hash error and MacOS should be reinstalled.

disk5s2 appears to be a synthesized disk from my main disk that contains the OS. disk5s2s1 is an APFS snapshot and the rest of disk5 appears to be related to the update.

disk0 which normally is my main disk with MacOS now shows as disk1 with OpenCore installed in the EFI partition.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.