Many questions!!!!!

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by mathewbhavnani, Apr 27, 2015.

1. mathewbhavnani macrumors member

I don't usually feel very comfortable wearing the watch when I go to the gym(the handlebars of the treadmill get in the way and when I swing my arms, they can easily hit handlebars)....I do bring my iPhone so I'm wondering if the activity app will function just the same? And sync up with the watch when it is in range? Or do I have to wear the watch for the activity app to work?

Also when using weather as a complication on watch face, I heard it keeps location services on at all times on the phone therefore draining battery, as opposed to when it isn't a complication and location services aren't on at all times.....is this true?

What about power reserve? Does it still track activity? What does it mean? What can the watch do and NOT do in this mode?

I noticed that activity app only really does anything when you wear the watch...so if I have my phone in my pocket at the gym and not my watch on me, the activity app just does not do anything in terms of moving or exercising or standing....

I thought data would sync up when the iPhone was in range of the watch... But it doesn't

Is there a way to reset activity data and erase it to start from beginning again?

2. gsmornot macrumors 68030

gsmornot

The activity app is a record of watch activity. Not the other way around, you would need to wear the watch.

Location services are not on all the time, just when it needs to update the watch data. No noticeable use from this. I have weather as one of my complications.

The only thing it does in power reserve is show you the time.

Your fourth question is the same as the first. The activity app is not your phone, its your watch. The phone is just a collector of watch data and a nice display and recording device. You will need to wear the watch to get the data.

I think you can reset your data but why would you want to? If the goal is too small, make it larger on the fly and you have a new bigger goal. No need to clear and repeat if this is what you're thinking you need to do.

3. oreo7504 macrumors member

I can't wear my watch at work as I have to be bare below the elbow, so I kept my in my back pocket. It recorded everything in the exercise app, it had 1 moment where it thought I'd be idle for an hour. I was disappoint with the amount of exercise it had tracked, & thought that cause it was in my pocket, but yesterday I wore my watch & was busy & it recorded a similar amount.

4. SixtyK macrumors 6502a

SixtyK

Shhhhh... the grown-ups are talking.

5. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

Didn't we already answer these questions in another thread?

Yes, we did. In the "how/when do you wear your watch" thread.