Marble Interface.

Discussion in 'macOS' started by jav6454, Aug 28, 2009.

1. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

So not that Snow Leopard has been released and we can relax and enjoy it. However, I know many of you are wondering as well as I am, will Apple tinker down QuickTime X's interface into other applications. Let's be honest, the interface is much better and friendlier. I like the black and how it disappears giving us that floating video look.

Example:

[​IMG]

However, we note that this type of interface tinkles down into the dock. Example:

[​IMG]

We can only see this changes as a vision into what Apple will and can change in the next OS. However, let's leave the next OS discussion aside and focus on the interface. I like to say that this is that fabled and mythical interface called Marble.

Just look at the new icons in the dock options interface. Example:

[​IMG]

I appreciate this type of interface even better and I know many out there also do. Also, lets take into consideration the new smooth animations when switching stuff in Dock Expose.

So what can Apple tinker down with Marble Interface goodness? Let's sit down and discuss it now:) Also, a good tip. I am not that great with pics using ImageShack, it seems the thumbnails are small, but if you click them, they grow ;)... that being said, excuse the small picture posting.

2. uaecasher macrumors 65816

uaecasher

maybe they will intrudes it on Mac OS X Snow Kitty

3. Richard1028 macrumors 68000

I don't like it. Never did understand "dark colored" text on a dark background. Can one turn that transparency off?

Note: I ain't on SL yet.

4. jav6454 thread starter macrumors P6

jav6454

Nop. Its standard feature.

5. kevo0822 macrumors regular

I don't understand what dark colored text you're talking about?

6. jav6454 thread starter macrumors P6

jav6454

The text in the black interface squares. The text is actually white/grayish.

7. Animalk macrumors 6502

I love the menu style on the dock icons and I really do hope it is a sign of things to come.

8. jav6454 thread starter macrumors P6

jav6454

Imagine using Safari with the same interface as QuickTime. Floating webpages:cool:

9. dreadkid08 macrumors member

dreadkid08

they need to make Safari 5 a lot lighter much like snow leopard is lighter than leopard. The floating webpages would be cool I had that same thought. I also wish all the menus were that dark grey color the tool bar menus are still white

10. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

That's a cool idea, floating web pages. It won't be long before someone works out a hack to have QTX's UI across the OS. You already have the files, just need to implement it into the other apps.

11. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

except that whenever your mouse is over quicktime, the top bar and controls are visible

and generally, when using a web browser, your mouse is over it.
    So it'd still be cool, but not as cool as you think. The webpage would only be "floating" if you were reading an article, and moved the mouse off to the side, or if you were working in another app.

A tweak on how it works would be nice though. Pop up the top controls (search bar, URL bar, tabs, bookmarks, etc) only when you move your mouse near the top. Leaves more screen real estate for the browsing.

12. Dan73 macrumors 6502a

13. benlee macrumors 65816

benlee

I think an interface in the menu bar items matching that of the new dock interface would look great.