March Second Media event live??

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Tom8, Mar 1, 2011.

1. Tom8 macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Are there any site that will be video streaming the March 2nd event?

There is still no word on the Apple site with regards to a stream, so it's looking increasingly unlikely, which is disappointing since I've enjoyed the watching the recent streams.

2. v66jack macrumors 6502a

v66jack

I haven't heard anything about a video stream this time, but they are available on the Apple website and iTunes soon after the event

3. 53x12 macrumors 68000

53x12

Yeah here is to hoping for a live stream. If not, twitter should have everything else.

4. v66jack macrumors 6502a

v66jack

Engadget and other websites like that will do live text and picture streaming as normal I presume.

5. Synthion macrumors regular

Engadget's going live with Text/pics

Gizmodo's "Meta-Live" (Ever since the iPhone 4 incident)

Macrumors? Hello?

Nothing from CNET...

Nothing on apple's page.

Sorry. I like Keynotes too. :(

6. iPad 2nd Gen macrumors regular

7. tac22 macrumors 6502

I think apple will live stream it. it has worked out for them ever since the 2010 September event. and i remember the second event they didn't actually mention they were streaming it till the morning of. I think it actually safe to assume they will will. (but thats my opinion)

8. Synthion macrumors regular

Yea, you're probably right.

On an unrelated note:

Do you think Apple will ever forgive Gizmodo/All of Gawker?

9. darngooddesign macrumors G3

I'd keep sticking it to them.

10. v66jack macrumors 6502a

v66jack

I'm not sure, but I'm sure that if you have ever worked for Gizmodo your chances of getting a job at Apple are probably quite slim.

Unless they have a department that co-ordinates leaks.

Apple are steaming the event to a studio within the BBC for invited guests, so if they're filming it and steaming it to other places, it makes sense to put it on the internet as-well.

11. Kadin macrumors 6502a

Kadin

If Apple does in fact stream it, you're most likely going to need a Mac or iDevice to watch it. I imagine that's not a big deal for most of us but it's worth pointing out...

12. v66jack macrumors 6502a

v66jack

They have done this in the past haven't they?

13. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

They started streaming events within the last year supposedly to load test the new data center.

Also, as far as I know they've never let anyone rebroadcast it. This would be new if they're letting the BBC I believe.

14. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

Yeah, I think it's likely that Apple will stream the event. They usually announce it on their website near the bottom of the home page just before the event by a few hours.

15. jclardy macrumors 68040

jclardy

I believe the last live stream was announced the morning of the event, so I wouldn't give up hope yet.

I really hope there is one, that way I don't have to go back and watch it later to see it in action after having read about all the features.

16. ConnorTurnbull macrumors 6502

As per usual, Apple's doing the normal UK stream for European press so can't imagine they won't let everyone have it.

17. tac22 macrumors 6502

Simply put, right now there is a 0% until Gizmodo Stops acting like dicks.
    I use to read both Engadget and Gizmodo, but after that fiasco Giz started talking **** about apple products. I swim over there every once and a while and they still do it. So they've stopped getting my traffic.

Plus the new redesign of their site sucks, couldn't stand it.

18. svalentine macrumors regular

Previously, how many hours in advance did Apple.com add a link to a streaming event?

19. Willie5566 macrumors regular

Is there someplace to watch tomorrows event or at least get live updates. I usually jump on one of the tech blogs but I thought I read that they will not have live blogging tomorrow.

20. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Here you go. ;)

http://www.engadget.com/2011/03/01/were-liveblogging-from-apples-ipad-2-event-tomorrow-be-ther/

21. SteveKnobs macrumors 6502

The live blogging is cool, but no live video stream? I would like nothing more than to waste my afternoon watching that.

22. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Apple usually posts the video later in the day. I haven't heard anyone say that they will be televising the event so I think you are stuck with blogging.

23. Willie5566 macrumors regular

Yea, I agree with ucfgrad. In the past it has been all live blogging. Apple will not allow cameras. Eventually they will release a video but it will be long after you know everything you need to know.

Thanks for the help ucfgrad.

24. ghostlyorb macrumors 6502a

ghostlyorb

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

I am still hoping for a live stream. I had to deal with the live blogging for the iPhone 4 And it was annoying. Haha.