Mark on 13" MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by thadoggfather, May 23, 2010.

1. thadoggfather macrumors G3

thadoggfather

Replaced my first macbook pro because the screen was crap and causing weird effects on certain parts of the screen, now do I have to exchange this one because of weird scratches/discoloration when seen at a certain angle with the light on it? I tried wiping it off with iKlear, it's still there.

this is absurd. when i had a 15" i7 antiglare, the first one had a ding in the screen so i returned it for another immediately... ended up selling it because 13" fits my needs more financially and portability wise.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm sick of making trips to the apple store and dealing with them. this is getting out of control. i need to stop being so perceptive about electronic flaws too, it's my downfall.

2. SonicBoom1981 macrumors regular

that sucks

what was wrong with the screen on the first one?

3. thadoggfather thread starter macrumors G3

thadoggfather

weird issue with screen brightness. what would you do? return this one also?

4. Jottle macrumors 6502

I have the exact same type of imperfection on the right palmrest for my mid-2009 15'' mbp. I was in the same situation as you. I got this current one (with the finish defect) after swapping it for one that had uneven backlighting in the panel. The finish defect is only noticeable in a certain light, and I put a moshi palmguard over it so that it doesn't distract me. I've gone through way too many exchanges to deal with another. But if I were you, I'd go ahead and try another exchange if you think this little imperfection will keep bothering you or catch your eye.

5. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Looks fine to me.
    Make sure its not the light giving that effect.

6. thadoggfather thread starter macrumors G3

thadoggfather

Yeah I dunno in non-super strong lighting conditions, you can't tell at all. if i look at it in the bathroom with all the overhead lights above the mirror shining on it, i can only really see it from side extreme angles. with this bright light, i can clearly see it (but when is it directly on top of the computer?)

I dunno I'm just getting sick of making trips to the apple store what seems like every few days. i want to be done with it all already. I might just hold onto it too. i have ocd with electronics and need to chill out, chances are the third one i swap out will have something else I will notice.

It's definitely not the light giving it that effect. Well it is, in dim lighting you can't see it at all. But it is for sure the surface not the light causing it.

7. lcseds macrumors 6502a

Seriously, that's worth returning a system for? I like Apple computers, but they are not works of art, they are tools. You want perfect, return it and maybe go through three or four more. If you have to look that hard to see the "defect", then maybe you are looking too hard. You need super strong lighting conditions and extreme angles to see it? Good lord.....

8. lordofuo macrumors regular

If it bothers you enough to make you post about it on here, return it. :)

I had a little dust under the glass of the display, and they replaced the book with no problems. The replacement is perfection. :cool:

In short, get it replaced... again. :p

Alex :apple:

9. Tom71 macrumors regular

Tom71

Well I guess if you buy something new, it has to be pristine. Then of course, you can care or not. Whenever I make the smallest mark on my things, I'm so sad and eventually my way around it, psychologically, is to see it as a good thing. It's "special" because it has this mark, and I could tell it apart from thousands of other units ;)

10. thadoggfather thread starter macrumors G3

thadoggfather

argh its hardly noticeable under most lights but my desk light, you can see it so obviously.

11. TxMacAddict macrumors 6502

whoever is making these 13's is very sloppy. I've seen it firsthand myself buying one for my g/f. Take that crap back and swap out until you get a good one. It took me three tries and now I have one thats perfect.

12. dsprimal macrumors 6502a

dsprimal

i hate imperfections, so i totally understand where your coming from. i would exchange it to ease my mind. but while were talking about imperfections, does anyone who has a 15" mbp have a line in between the : button and the " button? its a flush line so it doesn't have any indentation that can be felt when you feel it with your finger. hard to describe....but just look between those 2 keys and see if theirs any "line" on the aluminum between them.

13. thadoggfather thread starter macrumors G3

thadoggfather

swapped it. hopefully that's the list trip to the apple store i'll have to make.

i feel like i live there :p

no abrasions on this one.

14. dsprimal macrumors 6502a

dsprimal

15. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

Some people get all the screwed up models:( I'm pretty lucky though, as I've never had ta take an Apple computer back to the store:D

Although I don't think it matters too much if you need to get on that angle to see it.