Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

The next two weeks will be fairly busy for Apple, with multiple new product launches, software releases, and more expected over that time. Below, we have recapped five key dates coming up for Apple so that you can mark your calendar accordingly.

Mark-Your-Calendars-Merged.jpg

Key dates to remember:
  • Monday, October 24: Apple confirmed that iOS 16.1, iPadOS 16.1, and macOS Ventura will be released on October 24, and it's very likely that tvOS 16.1 and watchOS 9.1 will also be released on the same day. iOS 16.1 includes at least eight new features, while iPadOS 16 and macOS Ventura feature Stage Manager and more. The updates should be available around 10:00 a.m. Pacific Time.
  • Tuesday, October 25: Apple's software engineering chief Craig Federighi and marketing chief Greg Joswiak are set to speak with tech columnist Joanna Stern at the WSJ Tech Live event on October 25 starting around 7:35 p.m. Pacific Time. It's likely that Federighi and Joswiak will discuss Apple's latest software releases and hopefully address the controversy surrounding Stage Manager.
  • Wednesday, October 26: The new iPad Pro models with the M2 chip and the redesigned 10th-generation iPad will begin arriving to customers and become available for purchase at Apple Stores and select resellers on October 26.
  • Thursday, October 27: Apple will announce its earnings results for the fourth quarter of its 2022 fiscal year on October 27 at 1:30 p.m. Pacific Time. Apple CEO Tim Cook and Apple CFO Luca Maestri will discuss the results on a conference call starting at 2:00 p.m. Pacific Time on the same day.
    Friday, November 4: The new Apple TV 4K with the A15 Bionic chip, HDR10+ support, and more will begin arriving to customers and become available for purchase at Apple Stores and select resellers on November 4.
In addition, the first reviews of the new iPads will likely be shared this week.

Article Link: Mark Your Calendar: iOS 16.1 Release, New iPad Pro Launch, and More Coming Up

Last edited:
Reactions: I7guy

NYCValkyrie

macrumors 6502a
Jun 1, 2019
So we're not expecting a new HomePod mini at this point, right? Chase Rewards is having a point sale for Apple products for 1.5x redemption. I may as well get the current HP Mini, I guess?

chucker23n1

macrumors G3
Dec 7, 2014
Probably best to stay far away from a new OS with the way Apple has been this year and most of us have already forgotten “new” hardware was even announced…next
What “way” has Apple been?

I haven’t seen big stories about 16.1 or macOS 13 being particularly buggy, with the exception of Stage Manager on iPadOS, which is opt-in anyway.

GMShadow

macrumors 68000
Jun 8, 2021

I haven’t seen big stories about 16.1 or macOS 13 being particularly buggy, with the exception of Stage Manager on iPadOS, which is opt-in anyway.
Pretty much, I’ve been running the iPadOS beta since PB2 on my Mini 6 and it’s been solid. Can’t speak for Ventura but it’s not like Monterey is amazing anyway.

Did anyone here order the iPad 10?

FattiesGoneWild

macrumors 6502a
Nov 1, 2019
Looking forward to the multitude of “not seeing it” posts tomorrow. As is tradition.
Installing mine now to get ahead of the hoard. I usually do this any ways install a day or two before “official” drop. It’s the same thing everyone else is getting tomorrow.

WannaGoMac

macrumors 68030
Feb 11, 2007

First time I have experienced in a new iOS a significant battery drain issue...

I usually avoid first couple releases but I was stuck into installing 16.0.x

Last edited:

pcmike

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2007
Lake Worth, FL
So we're not expecting a new HomePod mini at this point, right? Chase Rewards is having a point sale for Apple products for 1.5x redemption. I may as well get the current HP Mini, I guess?
That’s huge. Too bad the iPads from chase say 2-3 weeks shipping time. The offer is good until 11/30 though. I should probably just use points now versus interest free financing at BestBuy for 24 months.

NYCValkyrie

macrumors 6502a
Jun 1, 2019
That’s huge. Too bad the iPads from chase say 2-3 weeks shipping time. The offer is good until 11/30 though. I should probably just use points now versus interest free financing at BestBuy for 24 months.

Let me know how it goes. For some reason I can not complete my points purchase and will need to call them tomorrow. I get to the address part and then the continue box is un-clickable.

pcmike

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2007
Lake Worth, FL
Let me know how it goes. For some reason I can not complete my points purchase and will need to call them tomorrow. I get to the address part and then the continue box is un-clickable.
I’m considering just going for the gusto and ordering a 12.9” IPP 1TB cellular with that kind of point bonus. Currently have an order in with BestBuy for a 11” IPP 256G cellular. I can’t decide what to do. Both are massive overkill for what I need an iPad for, but…. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Or I could just get what is arguably the more appropriate iPad Air 5th gen for what amounts to $675 and bank my points for another day.

Last edited:

danakin

macrumors 6502
Dec 6, 2012
Toronto
This upcoming week is going to be the best week ever. Ready for the showdown! 🎙️

One question and one comment please.
What “showdown” are you referencing? Is there some type of duel, say pistols and ten paces, that Apple customers should be aware of? OK, that’s two questions, my bad.
”Best week ever”. Gotta say, with all that’s been accomplished historically, I‘m gonna call BS on that one.

Still not convinced this account isn’t a bot. Can’t imagine a human typing this.

Abazigal

Contributor
Jul 18, 2011
Singapore
Yes. I am going to hit the button on my Xs max and 14 PM the instant it’s available.

Same.

The nice thing about US timing is that the update is often made available at around 1 am. So by the time I wake up, the patch will have been available for a couple of hours. Meaning it’s safe (Apple would have taken it down if it were mass-bricking devices), and I can update all my devices before leaving for work.

NYCValkyrie

macrumors 6502a
Jun 1, 2019
I’m considering just going for the gusto and ordering a 12.9” IPP 1TB cellular with that kind of point bonus. Currently have an order in with BestBuy for a 11” IPP 256G cellular. I can’t decide what to do. Both are massive overkill for what I need an iPad for, but…. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Or I could just get what is arguably the more appropriate iPad Air 5th gen for what amounts to $675 and bank my points for another day.

I love my iPad Air 5th Gen. Does everything I want & need it to. Unless you're looking for a larger screen or really need the power, save your points or add a cover/keyboard to the mix. Or a Gen 2 Pencil.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.