Mass Effect 2 (PC & 360)....PS3

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by 2nyRiggz, Oct 16, 2009.

1. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Rumor Alert: Theres alot of talk around town about a PS3 version..

http://www.n4g.com/ps3/News-412250.aspx
    http://www.destructoid.com/rumor-bioware-slips-says-me-2-is-possibly-ps3-bound-152170.phtml

We all know how this is going to end...PS3 will end up with the enhanced version(more content or slightly better visuals) 6-12 months later...its coming(watch out splinter cell)

This is the trend this generation with 3rd parties taking it the multi-console way(Sony got its fair share of laugh at the beginning of this generation losing some key exclusives) but now its MS turn. The real question is what will be left for MS if this continues and them with their limited 1st party studios...time to buy studios MS...the money hatting isn't working anymore.

Bless

2. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

PC version will still be superior, as is almost always the case ;)

Still, this just follows the trend of no more 3rd party exclusives, makes sense since EA wants tha moe-nay.

3. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

And when the slightly enhanced PS3 version hits retail, the 360 & PC will probably see GOTY version released, bundling in the DLC thats sure to follow in the intervening period.. Its all the same old same old. Exclusivity means nothing nowadays.

4. MacMonster1985 macrumors member

Are you some kind of Micro$oft fanboy?

5. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

^ LOL..... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I'm an educated realist, and not a cocksure little puppy (still needing to be litter trained) who runs around nipping at the heels of everyone else on the forum.

Your posts are & continue to be uneducated rants, that have long since lost any humor.

Bless.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I suggest people look at MacMonster1985's post history. It makes some amusing reading for one who throws around the 'fanboy' stick.
    http://forums.macrumors.com/search.php?searchid=18219644

6. 2nyRiggz thread starter macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Thats true, when they release the GOTY version for the 360/PC thats when they will release the PS3 version with all the DLC and what have you and call it..Mass Effect Sigma 2 ;)

At first I didn't care for Mass Effect but I've recently picked it up again and its been good so far excluding the loading/freeze and texture pop ups so I defiantly pick up mass effect 2.

Bless

7. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Just report him for the troll he is.

I hope the PS3 see's a Mass Effect double pack on a single bluray. But how reliable are the rumours?

8. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

True, though at least Sigma sounds better than REDUX ... :)

Those (texture & load times) can be addressed 'a little' by installing the game to the HDD but doesn't solve them completely unfortunately. Hopefully that will be an area they can look at improving for the sequel.

I'm hoping for a little more reward in exploring auxiliary/periphery worlds (ones outside of the games story/mission) as it was limiting to have this big star map and no ability to visit the vast majority of those worlds on it.

9. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

For situations where both parties don't have computers, split-screen coop on a console is very handy. :) I enjoyed Mass Effect much more than KOTOR. Most likely I'll get ME2 (360).

10. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

uh huh huh huh he said.. huh huh huh ;)

I finished the first one on PC, I'll do the same for the second. I'm sure my GTX 295 can handle it

11. dubels macrumors 6502

Luckily I have both a PS3 and 360. I really didn't pick up Mass Effect until it was only $19.99 and even then I borrowed it from a friend. These days I really don't buy games at retail if there is no multiplayer content.

12. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

Borrowing is great, I just can't do it any more, at least not with most PC games. They like to lock themselves to either my STEAM account, EA's pooh, or WORSE, the horrid and wretched EVIL that is GFWL. A SCOURGE UPON ALL PCs!

Imagine the uproar, if console games started to include serial numbers which locked them to the user's account.

Anyways, I'm really looking forward to ME2 and I'm super happy that I'll have Dragon Age of Origins to play shortly. :)

13. takao macrumors 68040

takao

you mean like downloadable games ? ;)

seriously though the ability to not sell/buy used games is hurting PC gamers a lot over the last years and down the line it will be the same for consoles