Mass Effect Heading to Big Screen

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by macfan881, May 24, 2010.

1. macfan881 macrumors 68020

2. SevenInchScrew macrumors 6502a

SevenInchScrew

Let's be honest here, given the LOOOONG history of video game movies, that is highly unlikely.
    This is the main reason, in my opinion. Not everyone played as the default character, nor did everyone play the game the same. This isn't some linear game, with a specific lead character. This game has way too many options, both in character customization, and in character interaction, that the movie has no "definitive" story to base itself on.

So, taking those things out, you will be left with a hollow shell of a sci-fi/action movie, with some occasional nods to the game world. It's lined right up for mediocrity from the start.

3. macfan881 thread starter macrumors 68020

True but everyone has seen the trailers and comercials so they get what Sheppard looks like and in my opinnion that perfect look is Fox.

also Seth Green for Joker is a must too :)

4. SevenInchScrew macrumors 6502a

SevenInchScrew

Sure, the default Sheppard. But, I didn't play as default, nor did any of my friends. And we all acted differently in the game, as well. Will the movie have Sheppard as more "Renegade" or "Paragon" in his/her actions? So many different ways that people could have done things, how do you specify which is "correct" for the movie storyline? What type of character will they be? What armor and weapons will they use? This isn't a Gears of War movie, where we have specific characters going through a specific, predetermined story, with premade cutscenes and dialogue.

Don't get me wrong. I really enjoy the world of Mass Effect. But, the reason I love it is SPECIFICALLY because I can personally interact with it, how ever I want. The minute you take all that away, you end up with just another sci-fi/action movie, loosely based on a game, that fails miserably. I don't want to see that happen to this game. Sadly, it seems it will.
    :rolleyes:

5. Espionage32 macrumors regular

6. Simgar988 macrumors 65816

Simgar988

This game is amazing. Well both of em have been. I didn't play as the default character and I can picture my specific one very well in my head. All I want is ME3

7. Red Comet macrumors member

8. macfan881 thread starter macrumors 68020

ugh no though i do like him im sorry if its any one other than Seth than fail.

9. Red Comet macrumors member

Who's Seth?

10. Simgar988 macrumors 65816

Simgar988

Seth green is the voice of joker in the games. He is also doctor evils son and his speakers blow the clthes off of women.

11. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Thinking back on Doom, I see a Mass Effect movie as great potential for a blockbuster or a gi-normous bomb. We'll have to wait and see. :)

12. dscuber9000 macrumors 6502a

I don't like this. Mass Effect is a story made to be told as a video game, not a movie. It just isn't Mass Effect if you can't make a billion decisions that all have consequences.