Matte Speck Candyshell Satin

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by cole01, Nov 28, 2011.

1. cole01 macrumors 6502

Hey everyone, I've been using the wastick white Candyshell for a while now and really like it but as everyone knows, these glossy plastic cases are prone to visible scratches on the backing. I recently went on the Speck website and noticed they have a new matte candy shell available in black and white so I ordered one and have been very happy with it so far. Hopefully this will show scratches less and not wear off over time.

Feels sturdy and solid like all my previous candyshells but has that awesome matte coating which feels smooth and pleasant, and also makes it more grippy. Kind of like a matte incase slider in terms of feel.

I have the white iPhone 4S and am surprised at how much I like the contrast.

https://www.speckproducts.com/iphone-case/iphone-4-case/candyshell-satin-for-iphone-4s-4.html

Here's a few photos:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

Great pics! Thanks for sharing. Ironically I was just told by 2 friends today (one of whom works at an apple store) to look into the speck cases (the one from the apple store specifically named the candyshell). I will be looking into one of these in the near future.

Thanks for sharing the pics though. The ones on the website make it hard to judge.

3. BigBearAZ macrumors newbie

That looks really good! I have the orange and blue Candyshell on now, but I'm really digging the matte black.

4. trevorplease macrumors regular

On the 4th image, it looks like you've accumulated some stains already? Or what is it?

I look forward to more colors before buying this.

5. NWI73 macrumors 6502a

Looks like dirty fingerprints to me :D C'mon man^

6. Sankersizzle macrumors 6502a

Sankersizzle

7. NWI73 macrumors 6502a

This has been covered before and speck corrected it with the oversized opening.

8. aham23 macrumors regular

nice pics. it doesnt take long for the non matte cases to scratch up thats for sure. i like the case, not the scratches so i may give this one a try.

9. cole01 thread starter macrumors 6502

No problems with the flash and I'm pleased with how durable the coating is. It's only been two days so time will tell but for now, I'd definitely recommend this case. Too bad they don't have more colors available in the "satin" finish.

10. cole01 thread starter macrumors 6502

Oh, and as another poster said, those are just a few fingerprints on the back. They're a little more visible on the matte version but it's not a problem...I find most cases with this finish show a little more gunk.

11. wellok macrumors 6502

Candyshells are too much case for me, but that is the best looking one I've seen. Much better than the glossy ones that peel.

12. reebs macrumors 6502

Looks great, hope they come out with more colors!

13. joec1101 macrumors 6502

Saw this on their web site last week. I wanted to find one to buy in a store, but I don't think anyone carries it yet.

I ordered the grey one from Speck today. :D

I also have the red/black (glossy finish) version - really liking this one as well with the black iPhone!

14. HKUSP.40 macrumors regular

Man this case looks awesome. How come whenever I think I found "THE" case for me, I stumble across another one that looks better? :rolleyes:

15. mpossoff macrumors 68020

The Candyshell could have been my favorite case. The bezel gets worn easily.

16. cole01 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks everyone for the positive feedback! I haven't taken it off since, which says a lot 'cause I was switching cases almost daily unsatisfied until now.

17. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

how much weight and thickness does it add, the candyshells look thick and heavy.

18. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

Does the lip of the case flake as with past Candyshells? If not, then I'm sold.

19. joec1101 macrumors 6502

Mine hasn't so far after almost two weeks of use and sliding it in and out of my jeans pocket.

I also spoke with someone at Speck and they told me the flaking issue has been resolved with the newest versions. The rubber does definitely look different than the rubber on the past generation Candyshells.

20. cole01 thread starter macrumors 6502

Agreed!

21. stephen1108 macrumors 65816

I bought a Candyshell within the past month from the Apple store and it flakes pretty bad :/ It's a BAD combo with my matte screen protector because it gets stuck on the screen protector and makes it sticky!

22. HKUSP.40 macrumors regular

Could have been old stock :confused:

23. PittsDriver macrumors 6502a

PittsDriver

I can assure you that the flaking as been resolved. I stopped using Speck for a while but I just purchased one after a few months and it has been fantastic.

24. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

This is very encouraging to hear.

Amazon has this case for $22 http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005T0DVH0/ref=noref?ie=UTF8&s=wireless&psc=1

25. indyzzzz macrumors 6502a