Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Unhyper

macrumors regular
Apr 7, 2010
Finland
Same here: no problem at all on DP1 while since yesterday and DP2 wifi is randomly disconnected.
I'm on a retina MBP 15
Same here as well. MBP 15 (2013). No WiFi probs on DP1, but as of updating, connection cuts out and doesn't always automatically reconnect to the router, I have to manually select it. The biggest problem though is that I can't transfer large files between my Mac and my PC (storage server, basically); gets close to 1 GB and then cuts off, every time.

I am wondering if downloading the whole DP2 package from Apple and installing clean would fix this, but I don't really want DP2 badly enough to tinker with this all day. Xcode 5 runs on ML anyhow. I love some of the new features, but I can live without iCloud Keychain on my Mac for a few more months. I'll probably install ML and call it good until GM is ready. All in all it's going to be a good release, if not particularly ground-breaking.

luodan

macrumors newbie
Jun 26, 2013
I have a RMBP, and also got the same problem of wifi on DP2.
It keeps contact and disconnect wifi every few seconds. It's really frustrating!

vladpro

macrumors newbie
Jul 20, 2011
it seems as if the issue stopoped after dp2 havnt test it out too much, but i have gen before Retina macbook pros.

pedrofan

macrumors 6502
Jun 9, 2008
I have a 15" Macbook Pro retina with DP2.

At least twice a day, wifi connection enters in a fast connect/disconnect bucle (it connects and disconnect at least three times per second, keeping wifi icon changing super fast). The next time I'll make a video to show it.

The only way to fix it is to try to connect to another wifi, even if you don't have the password, and it just stops, and when you connect back to your wifi it just works ok.

You can't fix it disabling wifi, because it just goes on.

Somebody is having this problem?

M5RahuL

macrumors 68040
Aug 1, 2009
TeXaS
WiFi has no issues here... It's rock solid on my rMBP!

DP [or Beta] 2 here too :)

Modem: Motorola SurfBoard SB6141 Cable
Router: ASUS ASUS RT-AC66U Dual-Band Wireless-AC1750
Computer: Mid 2012 rMBP [ specs in sig ]

pedrofan

macrumors 6502
Jun 9, 2008
WiFi has no issues here... It's rock solid on my rMBP!

DP [or Beta] 2 here too :)

Modem: Motorola SurfBoard SB6141 Cable
Router: ASUS ASUS RT-AC66U Dual-Band Wireless-AC1750
Computer: Mid 2012 rMBP [ specs in sig ]

In my case the problem seems to be related to the use of apple wireless keyboard and trackpad.
Every time that bluetooth connects, my wifi connection starts to quickly connect and disconnect, and the fans starts to make a lot of noise.

Do you have any bluetooth device connected to your rMBP?

giladr

macrumors newbie
Jun 29, 2013
Same here with a 2011 15" MBP

Wifi on both DP1 and DP2 seems to shut down every few seconds. Had to revert to ethernet for now.

M5RahuL

macrumors 68040
Aug 1, 2009
TeXaS
In my case the problem seems to be related to the use of apple wireless keyboard and trackpad.
Every time that bluetooth connects, my wifi connection starts to quickly connect and disconnect, and the fans starts to make a lot of noise.

Do you have any bluetooth device connected to your rMBP?

No BT devices connected... But I have a BT Apple KB that I'll connect later today and report back.

mikeymeows

macrumors newbie
Oct 16, 2012
Possible Fix

The following just worked for me:

System Preferences -> Network -> Location -> Edit Locations.. -> make a new location, call it anything and then switch to that location and click apply.

Not sure why/how it works but it did for me :)

Good Luck!

dr4g0n

macrumors member
May 2, 2010
Well, some input from me:
Using MBP from 2011, so no retina related. On DP1 everything was great, after DP2 everything was great... until I've connected to another network. Now it randomly drops wifi and reconnects. What seems to help is just to click the wifi icon, and after "scanning for new networks" connection quickly resumes and stays for maybe 10 minutes. I didn't test yet if connecting to my home network would resolve this issue. On side note, my home connection is supported by TC. Here I have some router, definitely not from Apple ;) Bluetooth is off.

giladr

macrumors newbie
Jun 29, 2013
Confirmed as working

I can confirm this fix works. I have an early 2011 15" MBP - had wifi issues with both DP1 and DP2. Since I have many VPN connections and other network interfaces. I simply copied the location into a new one called "Home Copy". Wifi works fine now.

The following just worked for me:

System Preferences -> Network -> Location -> Edit Locations.. -> make a new location, call it anything and then switch to that location and click apply.

Not sure why/how it works but it did for me :)

Good Luck!

foobarbaz

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2007
I'm having the problem, too. Unfortunately, creating a new location doesn't work for me, though. :(

giladr

macrumors newbie
Jun 29, 2013
Update: Apparently the issue returns after a few hours. Launching System Preferences and leaving it open makes it go away :/

foobarbaz

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2007
Leaving System Preferences open, or the Network settings?

Oh, and folks, there really is no need to be the 20th person pointing out how they don't have this problem. We already know that not 100% of users are affected. Thank you very much.

mikeymeows

macrumors newbie
Oct 16, 2012
Update: Apparently the issue returns after a few hours. Launching System Preferences and leaving it open makes it go away :/

Yeah I realized this too. And opening networks preferences, clicking on the wifi dropdown and then alt-tabbing back into your web browser seems to make it not suck. :confused:

scrmtrey

macrumors regular
Mar 28, 2013
Yep, wifi stays "connected" altough it is not workng properly. Re-enable the wifi solve problem but it is still anoying despite that is DP2.

But other than that, it is pretty stable for work in progress.

giladr

macrumors newbie
Jun 29, 2013
Well, after making it "go away" a couple of times using the location and system pref panel workarounds, I am unhappy to report that my wifi is simply refusing to work. Back to Ethernet...

giladr

macrumors newbie
Jun 29, 2013
Updated to DP3 last night, turned Wifi back on this morning. Let's see how long this lasts...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.