Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CoriG

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 7, 2011
I preordered the iphone 11 pro max and now I am having second thoughts about not getting the iphone 11 pro. All of the talk about the extra weight of the phone is starting to make me wonder. I know I have 14 days to exchange the phone if I think the max is too big (even though I am coming from a iPhone XS Max), but how hard is to exchange the phone in the first 2 weeks of launch? And what happens if I am on Apple’s IUP?

Thank you!

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
It’s not that hard. If you are on iup then when you return the device you close out the loan.

CoriG

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 7, 2011
It’s not that hard. If you are on iup then when you return the device you close out the loan.
I was actually thinking of exchanging it for the iPhone 11 pro.

I haven’t ever complained about the size or weight of my xs max - I do love the phone. But with all of the people complaining on here about the added weight, I started to rethink whether it might be nice to downsize for a cycle and it would be nice to have a smaller phone where I can text with just one hand.

Reactions: obargy

dumastudetto

macrumors 601
Aug 28, 2013
Los Angeles, USA

I haven’t ever complained about the size or weight of my xs max - I do love the phone. But with all of the people complaining on here about the added weight, I started to rethink whether it might be nice to downsize for a cycle and it would be nice to have a smaller phone where I can text with just one hand.

I doubt you'll even notice the extra weight unless you actively try and compare the two. Relax, enjoy your iPhone 11 Pro Max when it arrives - it is the best smartphone Apple has ever made.

SquidRuby

macrumors regular
Sep 10, 2016
"Apple should stop making phones thinner and lighter! We need heavier, thicker phones with larger battery!"

Apple did so.

"Apple's phones are so heavy that I will cancel my order."

:eek:
no offense, just the irony is striking.

EXACTLY this.

kp98077

macrumors 601
Oct 26, 2010
I’m starting to wonder too. Didn’t realize it’s that much heavier. I have arthritis:; Hmmmmmm

shr631

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2013

I’m one of the “complainers”. But look I honestly wouldn’t cancel if I were you. See I already am weary of the weight of my XS max. And even that is a borderline thing. I could live with it if I had to. But if you’re fine with the XS max, then you’re good. You picked an awesome device in the 11 pro max. Just enjoy the anticipation and your mini early Xmas on Friday :)

danilko1

macrumors 65816
Jun 21, 2010
I have buyer's remorse every year, over the past 5 years.

It used to be the iPhone was carrier subsidized. Turn around and I sell my old phone, and I get away with paying $50/year for an iPhone, in retrospect. Also I didn't get AppleCare at the time.

Now I am paying full prices and holding onto the phone for 5 years, as we trade phones among family members...

This translates to $200/year for each phone, in reference to getting the Pro.

So yes, I have had gut wrenching spending each year... Though never really regretting it in the end.

I have not purchased a new PC since 2006. Only this year I rebuilt and upgraded that 12 year old PC, not buying a new one. So you could say I have been spending my PC budget on new phones, the whole time.

Surf Monkey

macrumors 603
Oct 3, 2010
Portland, OR
I preordered the iphone 11 pro max and now I am having second thoughts about not getting the iphone 11 pro. All of the talk about the extra weight of the phone is starting to make me wonder. I know I have 14 days to exchange the phone if I think the max is too big (even though I am coming from a iPhone XS Max), but how hard is to exchange the phone in the first 2 weeks of launch? And what happens if I am on Apple’s IUP?

Thank you!

As a general comment not directed specifically at you: it’s interesting how people moaned and flamed and raged at the darkness back in the days of thinner-thinner-thinner about how crappy the battery was and how they’d gladly sacrifice thickness and weight to get better performance. “Why can’t we see 12-14 hours of battery like the Android phones?? I don’t care if it’s half a millimeter thicket and a couple ounces heavier.”

As a direct comment to you specifically: let it come and try it out. Apple’s return/exchange policy is solid. Spend a week with it and see what you think. Chances are you’ll love it and want to keep it.

cannono

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2014
It’s just grams heavier... you will not notice unless directly holding an older model in your other hand

I would never downsize to smaller phones than the Max screen size.

Reactions: Surf Monkey

noobinator

macrumors 604
Jun 19, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
I kinda am having buyer's remorse but I'll get my Pro Max and use it a week and see how I like it. If I end up not liking it, I'll return it and buy a Pro.

Reactions: YaBoiD

robjulo

Suspended
Jul 16, 2010
Strawman. Did this poster complain about phones being too thin and light? If not, why make it as though there is one uniform opinion?

"Apple should stop making phones thinner and lighter! We need heavier, thicker phones with larger battery!"

Apple did so.

Reactions: obargy and CoriG

bluespark

macrumors 68040
Jul 11, 2009
Chicago

Apple did so.

It's not really irony -- different people have different wants. I want my phone to be very thin and can live with a bit less battery life. Others want more battery life.

Reactions: YaBoiD and obargy
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.