Max Upgrades MaxConnect product arrives with chipped aluminum

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by steffi, Dec 20, 2010.

1. steffi, Dec 20, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2010

steffi macrumors 6502a

Seems their quality control isn't the best. The HDD/SSD sleds have obvious defects that I really think should not have been allowed to see light of day outside of their factory.

Pictures

2. philipma1957 macrumors 603

philipma1957

sorry they may just not care.

it may also be a repackaged return.

bottom line is what really matters.

are the holes cut correctly?

does it work?

3. steffi thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'm sure it will work however I was sent 2 of them since that's what I ordered. One is near perfect and the other is far from it. I don't see why I should have to accept the defective (based on it's obvious differences from the other one) one.

Oh and since I ordered 2 I expect 2 x 2 allen keys and not just the one set they sent me.

If I buy 2 products I should be able to sell each individually which the necessary tools that each requires.

4. karsten macrumors 6502a

karsten

probably contacting them is the way to go. dont think they're going to help you here

5. steffi thread starter macrumors 6502a

Contacted them. They suggested that I sent them the part back if I wanted it replaced. I'm not too happy about them doing that since I should not have been sent this part in the first place. They also said if the part was functional I could get a discount on the one that has poor workmanship.

Another thing they did which I think is shoddy is that they only sent me 1 set of tools even though I bought 2 of their product and a set of tools should come with each. I don't think any vendor should simply say. Well they only need one set of tools so we'll send them only 1 whenever you buy more than one of their product. If I buy N things. I have the right to sell 1 thing independently of each other. Not having a set of tools for each piece prevents me from selling each piece separately. If they had a discounted overall price when you buy more than one I could understand but paid twice the full retail price for a total of 2 and 2 day shipping.

Shoddy.

6. goMac macrumors 603

Looks a little sloppy, but not too bad.

Honestly, it's going in your machine anyway. Who cares? The screw holes and everything look perfect.

7. steffi thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah I'll probably live with it. They need to improve their QC and not assume I only need one set of tools.

8. reebzor macrumors 6502a

reebzor

Sounds like you are just nit picking.

If you are truely dissatisfied with the product, return both and buy something from a different company. Complaining about a cosmetic defect on a functional part that you wont even see is not really going to do anything...