Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Technodynamic

macrumors 6502
Jul 25, 2012
what version of the watch?

I got a SS 42mm Milanese loop...

Shipment 1 Delivers: 4/24-5/8 by Standard Shipping

Bryan Bowler

macrumors 601
Sep 27, 2008
I have to admit, I'm bummed too. I know it's ridiculous...but it would have been nice to have it on opening day. :confused:

heyyoudvd

macrumors regular
May 13, 2011
Something you guys need to take into account is that Apple is always very conservative with their shipping dates.

If they give you a date range, you'll often get the device at the very beginning of that range (sometimes even earlier). If it says May 13 - May 27, chances are you'll get it on or around May 13th.

AFDoc

Suspended
Jun 29, 2012
Colorado Springs USA for now
Well I booked a try on appointment for my wife an I... first available tmr at 1015 at aspen grove in Co. so we'll see if we can purchase one then..... I did get a pre-order but will cancel the second I can.

Steviejobz

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 19, 2010
SoCal
When I pressed purchase at 12:03 it said 4/24 - 5/8 and my email says May 13- may 27.

I don't know where I'm going to be living as I'm moving to LA May 15. So will cancel and just have to wait until June I guess. At least t gives me time to try on first and read reviews and figure out which size I want.

leenak

macrumors 68020
Mar 10, 2011
Same here... no option for in store pickup? So basically they lied to us?

What? If you had read this site anytime in the last few weeks, you would've seen references to no store pickup. I'm pretty sure there is an article on the front page from just this past week saying such.

AFDoc

Suspended
Jun 29, 2012
Colorado Springs USA for now
What? If you had read this site anytime in the last few weeks, you would've seen references to no store pickup. I'm pretty sure there is an article on the front page from just this past week saying such.
Oh really... that's why every presser put out that in US stores you could order for in store pick up (appointment) even going as far as having the option there but not being able to choose it)....Here let me quote apple for you "Reserve for pick up in store: choose your apple watch online and make a reservation to buy it at an Apple store. We'll have it waiting for you."
my bad I figured apple actually meant what they said... how stupid of me.

PLUS not sure if you know or not but MR is not officially part of apple..... SO anything put here on MR is speculation at best UNLESS it came directly from apple. ( that clearly said there would be that option as presented below)

Attachments

• How-to-Buy-Apple-Watch.png
    How-to-Buy-Apple-Watch.png
    164.4 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:

AngusW

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2013
When I pressed purchase at 12:03 it said 4/24 - 5/8 and my email says May 13- may 27.

I don't know where I'm going to be living as I'm moving to LA May 15. So will cancel and just have to wait until June I guess. At least t gives me time to try on first and read reviews and figure out which size I want.

You didn't have to cancel it, you could of had it shipped to a family member or a friend who could have gotten it to you.

tknice

macrumors member
Apr 20, 2010
People will cancel and orders will move up, just like the iphone 6/6+ release.

Go ahead, cancel.

specik

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
Apple initially intended to make the watch available for in-store pickup, hence the messaging you took a screenshot of. However, they did issue a press release this week indicating this would not be the case after all. I think they were trying to make as many watches available as possible and not have a large amount of them tied up in store stockrooms.

Press release: https://www.apple.com/pr/library/20...re-Preview-Online-Pre-Order-Begin-Friday.html

Steviejobz

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 19, 2010
SoCal
The lack of in-store option was a mess and they just did not do a great job gauging demand. They had way too many options so at each level they were likely thinly stocked. I mean I paid with Apple Pay at 12:02am and the screen shot still showed 4/24-5/8 but email came and it said 4-6 weeks.

Anyway, it's cancelled and now I can wait and see if I really want one.

totten76

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2015
You said it yourself. Millions of people are ordering it. They are going to sell a ton of them....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.