Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Powerbook G5

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2003
St Augustine, FL
Make sure you are in Finder and not some other application and then hold down Command (the "apple" key) then shift and then 3. It will make a PDF of your desktop which you can export to jpeg with Preview.

stevietheb

macrumors 6502a
Jan 15, 2004
Houston
My lovely wife doing her best Speed Racer pose. I played with it a bit in photoshop...a work in progress really...

Attachments

• Picture 1.jpg
    Picture 1.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 306

JDar

macrumors 6502a
Dec 7, 2003
MoonShadow--that is a fantastic composite photo! Is that a commorant?

billyboy--if there was a way to animate the flames, that would be scary. I can see why that background gets comments. BTW, I got to walk through a BA Concorde in Seattle recently/see photo in aviation thread.

abhishekit

macrumors 65816
Nov 6, 2003
akron , ohio
ExoticFish said:
wait, your weather widget says it's stormy in akron??? that can't be right, it's never stormy in akorn! :rolleyes: :D

that by chance wasn't from last night was it? the wind almost took the chairs right off my balcany!! sure was fun to watch though!

he he..yah it was yestrday night.. :D ,

zach007

macrumors member
Apr 29, 2004
Arkansas
i know i know... doz.. powerbook scheduled to arrive monday. (cool pic anyway..punta del este, uruguay, if anyones interested.)

Attachments

• desktop.jpg
    desktop.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 220

parrothead

macrumors 6502a
Sep 24, 2003
Edmonds, WA
Juventuz said:
billyboy- what program shows the iCal icon with the date in the bar?

I can't speak for billyboy, but I do not that the iCal icon will show the correct date when you open it. After you quit iCal, it will continue to show that date until you sleep or shut down your computer. Note, if you opened iCal today, the icon will show 5/13, and if you dont sleep or shutdown, the icon will still show 5/13 tomorrow, you will have to open and close iCal again.

Now for my desktop....

edit: it is a photo I took standing on the beach at Orpheus Island looking towards Hitchenbrook Island in North Queensland. If only the ugly barge wasnt in the way. :mad:

Attachments

• sunset03.JPG
    sunset03.JPG
    58.6 KB · Views: 180

spriter

macrumors 65816
May 13, 2004
blue&whiteman said:
one of my fav dtp

blue&whiteman do you have link to a full-size version of this one (girl with sword). Also seeing the floating torii you posted reminded me when I was looking out to it earlier in the year, when I was in Japan and visited Miyajima island...ahh good memories. Do you have a full-size link for that too... :) Both are great desktops.

TIA
spriter

Awimoway

macrumors 68000
Sep 13, 2002
California
parrothead said:
I can't speak for billyboy, but I do not that the iCal icon will show the correct date when you open it. After you quit iCal, it will continue to show that date until you sleep or shut down your computer. Note, if you opened iCal today, the icon will show 5/13, and if you dont sleep or shutdown, the icon will still show 5/13 tomorrow, you will have to open and close iCal again.

I'm not sure if you're speaking of the menu thingy or iCal in the dock, but as for me and my computer, I leave iCal open all the time and it automatically changes the date for me every day.

Now for my desktop....

edit: it is a photo I took standing on the beach at Orpheus Island looking towards Hitchenbrook Island in North Queensland. If only the ugly barge wasnt in the way. :mad:

I think the barge adds a rustic quality to the pic. What resolution is the original in? I might be interested in asking for a copy.

A

AhmedFaisal

A little late (working on my thesis ate photoshop time) but here we go...

Well, here it is:

Sakuya from Tenchi in Tokyo, my own homebrew Wallpaper. Interestingly I used to hate this character back 5 years ago when the show came out originally, because I was a rabid Tenchi fan back then, started off with the first OAV and TV series and just couldn't stand the fact that instead of focussing on the Ayeka/Ryoko/Tenchi love triangle they brought in Girl X that snatched the guy. Now with a few years between and rabid fandom drastically toned down, I finally decided to watch the show and found myself rooting for her, since at least in this storyline she is the nicest girl in the bunch. Funny, how time makes your perceptions change.
If anyone is interested in the WP, P-Message me.
Regards,

Ahmed

Attachments

• Screenshot.jpg
    Screenshot.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 192
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.