I spilled most of a glass of Sam Adams on my mid-2011 MacBook Air. Not my finest moment. It shut off by itself pretty quickly (wasn't plugged in), and I turned it upside down and kept it that way as best as I could until I got home. Then I submerged it in a large bag of rice for three or four days. (Note to future readers -- do not do this! Rice and rice dust gets everywhere... Lesson learned.) When I tried to power it up, it worked, kinda. The battery was toast, and it would take several minutes to turn on after pressing the "on" button, and it would randomly turn off. And a few keys were non-functional. I left it turned off for a few weeks, until I could get the some tools and a new battery. Once those arrived, I opened it up, took out the battery, and cleaned everything as best I could with alcohol swabs and a soft toothbrush. Left it open to dry overnight, then installed the new battery. Now it's much better, but I'm still having two perplexing problems: 1) The computer now recognizes that there's a battery installed (which is an improvement over the initial condition), and it will run perfectly off the battery, but the battery does not charge when it's plugged in. The light stays green and status reads "Battery Is Not Charging". Actually, it's depleting, even while it's plugged in. 2) The computer is running very slowly. Bringing up web pages takes forever, even typing shows an obvious lag. When I go to the Activity Monitor, it shows that "System" is using over 80% of the CPU; "kernel_task" is at over 300% in the processes list. The weird thing is, if I boot it up in Safe Mode, everything is fine. I mean, the battery still doesn't work, but the computer runs quickly. Any thoughts?