MBP-13 inch first scratch :(

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by squeakyclutch, Jul 20, 2009.

1. squeakyclutch macrumors member

squeakyclutch

So I've been a very happy and satisfied owner of a MPB 13-inch for about a month. Last night, I left my MPB on my desk, while I unpacked my backpack nearby.

I was pulling out my textbook, and I didn't realize a fork was somehow attached to my textbook, it fell off, and landed on my MPB, leaving a small scratch mark.....SNIFF SNIFF!!!!

While the scratch is not big, I can see and feel it from miles away. Anyone have any remedy to mitigate the scratch??

2. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

And my MacBook Pro has a dent, oh well. You have to deal with these unfortunate events, it isn't the end of the world.

3. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

yeah dude, its impossible to try and fix a scratch on the alu body. Just be more carefuly next time.

4. guydude193 macrumors 6502a

Not impossible to try. lol sorry.
    But yeah, you can't.

5. JML42691 macrumors 68020

JML42691

It isn't really possible to remove a scratch, and honestly, it probably isn't just as noticeable as you think, you just saw it and it sticks out too much to you. It will "disappear" from your vision over time...at least that is what happened with me and my crackbook.

6. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

But yeah, the scratch can't be fixed. You won't notice it after a couple of weeks. You'll most likely incur another one at some point.

7. aprofetto macrumors 6502a

aprofetto

My man... the first one is always the worst!

I feel for ya...

8. sporadicMotion macrumors 65816

sporadicMotion

Just think of it this way... you got the first one out of the way so the next won't be so painful :p

Seriously, more will happen and it's no less of a machine. Enjoy your machine and if the scratch REALLY bugs you, put a sticker over it :D

9. rj-300zx macrumors regular

rj-300zx

Boohoo get used to it. Thats what happens when you have a machine made out of anodized aluminum. When I first got a PowerBook a while back I was like you, I freaked and was so angry. Now I have tons of little scratches on the case but they don't bother me anymore since the screen is still fine and its still a very sexy machine. The scratches aren't as noticable as you think .

10. Kumakun macrumors newbie

Hey man, that laptop is YOURS now. :) It adds character.

11. Ann P macrumors 68020

If it makes you feel any better, I dented my 13" the first week I got it. :(

12. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

Woah that sucks. How did you do that?

13. darkdream macrumors member

Wow if people are this bad with computers and scratches I wonder how bad I will be since I get all upset over swirl marks on my sports car.

14. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Stupid dealership swirled the piss out of my paint when they "detailed" the car the day I bought it...:mad::mad::mad:

Metallic flake graphite/black really shows the swirls as compared to many other colors though; probably why I noticed it so readily. I think I'll get it polished/compound detailed by a REAL shop for my b-day or something though :D

15. CalMin macrumors 6502a

CalMin

Time. You feel crappy about it today, but next month it won't bother you. Now you can start enjoying your machine instead of babying it and being paranoid you might damage it.

16. gan6660 macrumors 65816

gan6660

Today is the 1 week anniversary of me receiving my 13" MBP and this morning I noticed a 1" scratch on the bottom. Its not very deep at all but I still notice it. I am debating on whether to get the Speck see thru satin case. I dont really need it but I think Ill like the feel and the look.

17. sporadicMotion macrumors 65816

sporadicMotion

I would have made the dealership fix it... especially on the first day... you can refuse to take delivery on cosmetic flaws that are obvious.

18. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

You could sand it down and have a rough patch instead of a scratch.

19. Sound Evolution macrumors 6502

Well, Most Macbook's have scratches new out of the box already anyway due Apple's terrible lack of QC.... ;)

20. sehnsucht77 macrumors 6502

thing still works right? what is the problem?

21. squeakyclutch thread starter macrumors member

squeakyclutch

thank-you all for the advice/words of encouragement. I guess I'll take solace in the fact that the scratch is not on my screen!

22. Alexwithad macrumors 6502

So I was taking the ram out of my 13 inch mbp aluminum the other day and noticed a scratch that was minor about an inch in length and not very noticeable at a glance. Anyways, my macbook needed replaced due to a ****** hard drive so score! new macbook pro again :) scratch freeeeeeee:cool:

23. chadamorrill macrumors 6502

+1. My first 13" had three dents in the bottom case where the hard drive was put in. Appears as if they screwed the case on while the hard drive wasn't seated properly (and kept screwing and screwing and screwing... ok I'll stop)

My SECOND 13" (since they replaced the dented one) has a small scratch on the left side between the side of the case and the keyboard. It's better than dents, but still... sheesh!

24. masse macrumors 6502a

masse

I somehow smashed the corner of mine..or at least it has a dent. I'm convinced its a government conspiracy.